Technical Support Specialist
Jamf | 202 - Technical Support
Who we are:
Jamf was born from a desire to create a better management solution for Apple users. After watching hundreds of users struggle to deploy, update, and secure Apple computers, iPads, and iPhones in business and in the classroom, we knew there had to be a better way to handle such pesky IT functions. Removing the barriers of technology and empowering doctors to treat patients, teachers to teach, and businesses to thrive.
Today, more than 30,000 customers rely on Jamf to manage 15 million Apple devices worldwide. We don’t say we are the best, but we strive to be the best. We are a group of curious, self-starters with a passion for making people’s lives easier, paving the way for a better Apple experience in government organizations, businesses, and schools.
What you’ll do at Jamf:
At Jamf, we empower people to be their best selves and do their best work. The Technical Support Specialist position works within our Customer Service department to provide customer support related to the installation, troubleshooting and integration of Jamf products and supporting technologies. The position provides firsthand assistance to end-users and is responsible for day-to-day interactions with customers. The position also actively participates in the creation, maintenance, and sharing of technical information related to core Jamf products and supporting technologies.
- Utilize available resources to resolve support issues independently and as part of a team
- Work firsthand with customers to troubleshoot, recreate, and/or resolve support issues related to Jamf products and supporting technologies
- Answer local support number and contribute to the global support resource pool
- Maintain excellent case documentation to allow for collaborative troubleshooting and resolution
- Effectively communicate with customers in all formats and use judgment to determine the appropriate channel of response (email, phone, screen sharing, etc.)
- Maintain case management to ensure target response times are met
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- Performs all job responsibilities in alignment with the core values, mission and purpose of the organization
- Adheres to the highest moral, ethical and legal standards to deliver an environment that promotes respect, innovation and creativity
- Supports and promotes a positive, inclusive workplace one in which the talents and strengths of our increasingly diverse workforce are welcomed, further developed and manifested in our work
Skills & Requirements
- 1+ year previous experience in technical support and/or systems administration (required)
- 1+ year with Mac OS, iOS, and server platforms (required)
- Mandarin (business proficiency) is a plus
- Strong Communication Skills
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Proven Analytical Skills
- Strong Customer Service Skills
- Read / Comprehend Written Instructions
- Ability to communicate complex technical terms in an easy to understand, non-technical manner
- Ability to engage with and establish trust and rapport with all levels of customers and employees
- Ability to perform troubleshooting and problem solving tasks related to systems, networks, and hardware
- Capacity to multi-task and quickly prioritize duties Aptitude to quickly learn technical concepts
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
How we help you reach your best potential:
- Commitment in growing you as a professional and your overall career growth
- We are progressive, but laid back. We believe in a healthy work-life balance and relaxed office environment. You are free to be you and work how you work best.
- Superior compensation package and including comprehensive benefits and competitive salary
- Best - in - class training in professional growth and product knowledge
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact with customers by providing the best Apple Device Management solution in the world
You are the right kind of Jamf if:
You go above and beyond for others, genuine and willing to help, always. You support the team around you, you don’t point fingers or pass blame. You take responsibility for your actions, are open, and respect others. You value different perspectives, in how you work and how you learn. You are naturally inquisitive, like to create and be creative. You are a problem solver, curious and resourceful, self-driven and constantly improving. You roll up your sleeves and dig in. You are excited by not knowing what may lie ahead. You are willing to take risks, try new things, even fail just to do it better next time. You’re not a jerk. You put people first. You are a good person, someone who just wants to do the right thing.
Our mission is simple; we help organizations succeed with Apple. At Jamf, we put people first. We focus on the human before we focus on the technology. We are just good people that have it in their gut to do what’s right – for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
Location: Sydney, Australia
Travel: Less than 10%
Education: Bachelor's degree preferred
Manager: Manager, Technical Support