Software Engineer I
Jamf | 300 - Engineering | Minneapolis, MN
Jamf is looking for a Java Software Engineer to join our Minneapolis-based Jamf Now development team. Jamf Now is a cloud-based, mobile device management (MDM) solution for the iPad, iPhone, and Mac devices at work.
As a Software Engineer for Jamf Now, you will work with cutting-edge technology in a distributed microservice environment. Responsibilities include the definition and successful implementation of new features, fixing defects, decreasing technical debt, testing as well as deploying and supporting the product. You’ll collaborate with our architect, engineers, product managers and other stakeholders to meet strategic technical objectives and provide value for our customers. We emphasize getting things done, solving problems and shipping the best software possible. Our culture is humble, candid, team-focused and supportive.
- Write, deploy and support great code.
- Innovate, learn, teach and contribute to Jamf Now and other associated applications.
- Collaborate with developers, automation, testers, dev ops, product owner, manager and stakeholders to execute on product deliverables.
- Participate in agile-based meetings including: standups, refinement, retrospective and planning.
- Work with distributed engineering teams (US and Poland).
- Participate in on-call rotation with other engineers.
- Help to ensure the performance of Jamf Now for our customers.
- Keep up-to-date on technology that will help our customers succeed with Apple.
- Contribute to an environment where all job responsibilities are in alignment with Jamf’s values, mission and purpose.
- Demonstrate the highest moral, ethical and legal standards.
- Bachelor or Associate degree in Computer Science or related engineering discipline.
- A combination of relevant experience and education may also be considered.
- 6 months to 2 years developing Java web applications.
- 6 months to 2 years of experience in web application design and implementation.
- Experience with Java EE, application containers (Tomcat, JBoss) and SQL.
- Experience with Spring / Spring Boot. General knowledge of containers and container ecosystems (e.g. Kubernetes).
- General knowledge of asynchronous messaging systems (e.g. Kafka).
- General knowledge of Apple products and eco-systems.
- Ability to communicate complex technical terms in an easy to understand, non-technical manner.
- Ability to interact effectively with co-workers in a results-driven culture.
- Ability to engage with and establish trust and rapport with all levels of customers and employees.
- Ability to learn, ask great questions and be responsive to feedback.
- Agile practitioner experienced in Scrum or Kanban.