CentralSquare Technologies | Cloud | Lake Mary, FL
This role can be located at our Greensboro NC, Lake Mary FL, or Sioux Falls SD offices.
At CentralSquare, the DevOps Specialist works closely with both internal and external clients in Product, Engineering, Operations and Support teams. Individuals in this role use their system and networking knowledge to help design reliable, scalable, and cost-effective systems that meet business needs. We seek solutions that reduce time, and complexity of system maintenance while increasing security, reliability, and capability. The DevOps Specialist will communicate professionally and positively with all stakeholders (internal and external).
- Collaborates with Product Owners, R&D leads, vendors and customers to ensure DevOps solutions address business and user needs
- Develops, analyzes and maintains tools that support and automate processes for hardware or software product release.
- Writes installation scripts and programs for installation of products.
- Works with project teams to determine an appropriate build schedule and then initiates the build and packaging process.
- Compiles and assembles software from source code.
- Ensures tools are stored in source control.
- Supports developers for software package registry and delivery.
- Works with others to complete analysis, evaluations and design alternatives and to implement process improvements.
- Works with development engineers to correct build errors.
- Implements and supports technology stack for Engineering teams to leverage continuous integration and delivery approach for product delivery
- Monitors and tunes systems to ensure cost effectiveness, and optimum levels of performance, availability, stability, security and recoverability
- Performs and automates system and application related maintenance tasks
- Creates and maintains accurate documentation of systems, solutions, guidelines and processes
- Provides information to senior members on utilization of assets, services and processes
- Operates as a resource to less experienced DevOps team members, providing an open learning environment for cross-team knowledge sharing. Shares technical knowledge in both one-on-one and group settings.
- Participates in an on-call rotation to minimize business impact from performance issues, and system outages that are escalated internally to the DevOps team
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- 4-7 years of enterprise-scale IT and Network operations experience
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with AWS or Azure
- Proficient in deployment and management of AWS services - including but not limited to: VPC, Route 53, ELB, IAM, EC2, S3
- Knowledge and experience in working with networking components, protocols and security (e.g. subnets, firewalls, routing, DNS, HTTP, TLS/SSL, etc.)
- Strong and comprehensive knowledge of Windows operating systems and Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with virtualization technologies (e.g. VMware, HyperV)
- Expertise in automation of provisioning, installation, configuration, and upgrade tasks using PowerShell and at least one other common scripting languages (Python, Ruby, VBscript etc.)
- Familiarity with both traditional and emerging system architectures (e.g., three-tier, web services, micro-services, etc.)
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Availability to be on call 24x7 under reasonable circumstances and schedule
- Must pass background checks in all 50 states
Bonus Points for:
- Previous experience with Lift/Shift of on-premise enterprise applications into the cloud.
- AWS Solutions Architect Associate and/or AWS Developer Associate Certification(s)
- Experience with ElasticSearch or similar large-scale analytics platforms