MINDBODY | Product Development | San Francisco, CA
Become part of an amazing company that values user experience. We’re looking for a highly motivated User Experience (UX) Designer to join our talented, award-winning UX team at MINDBODY San Luis Obispo (the happiest city in America).
As a UX Designer, you’ll demonstrate from ideation to release your ability to find the ideal balance of user goals and business objectives that results in a simple, yet effective design. You’ll love taking an iterative approach to design that includes user research, A/B testing, and collaboration. Your attention to detail and problem-solving skills are showcased throughout the entire process. You’ll guide other designers through projects as well as delivering high-quality work on your own. You'll have strong communication and negotiation skills. You’ll build strong partnerships to ensure we deliver high-quality solutions that meet our customer's needs.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of hands-on UX design experience.
- A strategic perspective about product development; an understanding of not just how a product should look, but what and why we should build in the first place.
- Experience on teams that have created new products as well as improved existing ones (and a track record for making measurable improvements).
- Substantial experience developing consumer and/or commercial web application interfaces and mobile experiences (native apps, responsive web designs, etc.)
- Solid understanding of the best practices and tools used in user-centered interaction design, such as Accessibility standards and usability heuristics.
- An intuition for what makes a good user experience.
- Experience creating a variety of UX documents (personas, wireframes, story-mapping, etc.) and an understanding of when/if they should be used.
- A collaborative spirit and a desire to work as a team player on a close-knit team.
- A great online portfolio with more than just visuals. It should showcase your thought process and your ability to take projects from conception to completion along with measurable results.
- Experience usability testing your ideas (preferred, not required)
- HTML/CSS/JS knowledge (preferred, not required)
- Experience within an Agile (Scrum) development team (preferred, not required)
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works closely with Product Managers, Designers, UX Researchers, and Content Strategists to deliver products with an excellent user experience.
- Create flows and experiences that are elegant, simple, and intuitive.
- Advocate and promote modern UX and design standards (may include preparing occasional education sessions for the Dev. team on relevant UX & design topics).
- Visualize complex sets of data in ways that are easy to understand.
- Presents & delivers on multiple projects with some oversight
- Able to lead projects and be responsible for all UX deliverables