IT Engineer - II
MINDBODY | Information Technology | New York City, NY
JOB FAMILY SUMMARY:
This team is responsible for the operations of secure and highly available computing platforms, servers, and networks. They, install, maintain, upgrade, and continuously improve the operating environment. They also maintain the ongoing reliability, performance and support of the infrastructure. This includes monitoring the operating environments; responding to incidents, problems and planning for growth.
This role performs a broad range of activities including effective provisioning, installation, configuration, administration, and maintenance of all technology systems and may act as a project lead for the implementation of new technology initiatives. The IT Engineer II role focuses primarily on design over more operational tasks. Additionally, this role acts as Tier II support for key technologies in use within the environment. A high degree of collaboration with a variety of other teams is required to provide right level of agility within a defined delivery process. This person shall be energetic, customer service oriented, and technically talented to provide support in a 24x7x365 dynamic and fast-paced environment.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• 2-5 years’ experience working in an IT position is required
• Bachelor’s degree in a computer or technical related field or equivalent experience
• Highly experienced administering a Microsoft based environment (Active Directory, DNS, Group Policy, SQL Server, IIS, .NET)
• Experience with Security compliance tools (Rapid7, etc.) and remediating security vulnerabilities.
• Experience with WSUS, SCCM, Ansible, or other patch management/software deployment systems.
• Experience with Cisco ASA firewalls, Cisco UCS, and/or EMC SANs preferred.
• Experience with Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure) preferred.
• Knowledge of systems management and monitoring tools (New Relic, SentryOne, etc).
• Troubleshooting and critical thinking skills to solve issues in highly complex environments.
• Perform under pressure within a time sensitive environment while managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Creative problem-solving skills with strong quantitative, analytical, and conceptual thinking skills.
• Excellent communication (both oral and written), documentation, and interpersonal skills.
• Positive and professional attitude, with strong attention to detail.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Design, deploy and administer Enterprise resources in on premise datacenters and Cloud environments.
• Review and re-mediate security vulnerabilities discovered by internal and external tools, penetration testing, and other sources.
• Perform monthly security patching.
• Work closely with Development and QA teams to provision resources, troubleshoot test environments and deploy new software releases.
• Research and recommend innovative, and where possible, automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identifies approaches that utilize resources (people, process, and technology) in the most efficient manner.
• Acts as a Tier II point of escalation for the monitoring and managing of all systems and services, taking steps to improve performance, reliability or uptime as directed and per established policies and procedures.
• Perform advisory system administration duties including resource provisioning and management, script creation and maintenance, advanced system diagnostics, and other activities to ensure optimal health and performance of all systems.
• Produces actionable operational documentation, including Visio diagrams, detailed descriptions of the environment, and comprehensive instructions to outline the steps required to perform tasks to build and configure systems.
• Conducts research and makes recommendations on products, services, protocols, and standards in support of systems procurement and development efforts.
• Participates in operational health reviews, service monitoring and notification discussions, service portfolio reviews, and ongoing process improvement assignments as needed.
• Provides excellent customer service to internal clients and communicates effectively with management, team leaders, and other team members within the department.
• All other duties as assigned