Software Engineer I - Release
MINDBODY | Product Development
JOB FAMILY SUMMARY:
Perform all configuration engineering tasks associated with product release. Plan the development of product builds and build releases. Develop and maintain processes and procedures to support product builds. Develop tools to assist in build automation. Monitor, record, and control change to maintain product integrity. Prepare technical documentation for support.
Responsible for coordinating the branches of code that scrum teams are working on. Acts as the gatekeeper to the production system. Works closely with Engineers, Quality Assurance, and IT during release process including post release monitoring of release issues.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Basic understanding of scripting languages (PowerShell, C#, Typescript)
- Visual Studio, TFS, IIS, Scrum/Agile and Distributed Systems experience desired
- Detailed oriented, professional and possesses a positive work attitude
- Communicate professionally both verbally and in writing
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in various stages of the life cycle for all code releases.
- Assists in the movement of code through branch structure including merging, rebasing and conflicts.
- Documents system workflows as it relates to software release management.
- Monitors the production environment post-release for unexpected situations.
- Maintains and improves processes to ensure the implementation of Release policies.
- Must be available for on call rotations.
- All other duties as assigned.