Channel Partner Manager
MINDBODY | Business Development
Develop and execute internal and/or external affiliate programs to increase an organization's revenue. Collaborate with team members to identify new partners. Develop methods to draw attention through the business partner, including rewards, offers, and referrals. Work closely with marketing and advertising departments to align affiliate programs with the overall organizational strategy.
The Channel Partner Manager is responsible for creating, maintaining, and expanding relationships with new and existing sales channels. The Channel Sales Manager represents the entire range of company products and services to assigned partners, though may focus on a specific solution or product set if focused in a partner vertical market. This position requires a thorough understanding of various partnership types (referral, reseller, integration, product, etc.) and will be a conduit between our partners, sales, marketing, and legal functions.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and executes strategic plans to achieve sales targets and expand MINDBODY’s customer base through channel partners.
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned partner accounts.
- Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet partner performance objectives and partners’ expectations.
- Develop KPIs and partner scorecards to measure partnership effectiveness and deliver metrics on a weekly basis.
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned partner accounts.
- Proactively leads a joint partner planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones associated with a productive partner relationship.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates partner needs on an ongoing basis.
- Sells through partner organizations to end users in coordination with partner sales resources.
- Manages potential channel conflict with other sales channels by fostering excellent communication internally and externally, and through strict adherence to channel rules of engagement.
- Work closely with channel partners to create messaging and co-branded collateral.
- Work with product marketing teams to develop sales enablement tools and scalable training programs that can help train Company sales team & partners.
- Identify growth and expansion opportunities within existing and new markets; cultivate and support these partnerships to meet and exceed sales targets
- Leads solution development efforts that best address needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company and partner personnel.
- Ensures partner compliance with partner agreements.
- All other duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in a B2B sales environment is required
- Experience in software industry is preferred.
- Channel experience is also highly preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills including presentation skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively across functions
- Demonstrable success in leading results-oriented joint marketing programs and initiatives
- Experience with target account selling, solution selling, and/or consultative sales techniques.
- An aptitude for understanding how technology products and solutions solve business problems.
- Experience using contact management software, experience with Salesforce is preferred.
- Track record of exceeding assigned sales quotas.
- The ability to work comfortably with executives in partner organizations.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Travel as needed
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
- This position is mostly stationary and will be required to remain stationary for extended periods of time.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.