Data Analytics Consultant
Advanced | Services - Consultancy
We’re looking for a Data Analytics Consultant who would like to re-imagine their future in a company making a difference. This will be a Technical Consultant/ Developer who will be working on development and consultancy projects based on the Microsoft BI stack within a busy custom solutions team. Our Professional Services team champion delivering technical projects on time & within budget, live & breathe data analysis and support cloud solutions and weave various services into compelling business systems for our clients.
The Professional Services team provide optimal value to the business by ensuring accuracy and diligence in all tasks undertaken. You will be successful in this role if you are a professional who takes pride in the successful completion of their work ensuring the customers’ needs are at the forefront at all times.
What you will be doing
- Undertake development projects requiring the use of Microsoft technologies: SQL Server SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Power BI
- Gather requirements and contribute to written proposals for Business Intelligence & Data Warehousing projects
- Deliver effective and regular communication with clients and management
- Work on client sites and in our various offices
- Create and deliver user and system documentation
What you will be good at
- We are looking for a Technical Application Consultant with strong experience with Business Intelligence tools who is used to adhering to customer SLAs and/or project deadlines
- Aware of and up to date with emerging technologies that will help formulate solutions for customer challenges around data interpretation and presentation
- Understanding, knowledge and experience with data manipulation
- Knowledge of working with Azure Analysis Services, Azure Data Factory
- Ability to analyse business requirements effectively and efficiently
- Ability to accurately estimate effort requirements, present proposed solutions and build strong customer relationships
What we would like you to have
- Knowledge of technologies such as Power BI, SSRS, Business Objects, QlikView, Cognos etc
- Experience working in technologies such as Microsoft SQL queries, and SSIS
- Knowledge and experience working with analysis concepts (analysis cubes, aggregation, data warehousing, ETL, semantic layers etc)
- Experience of working with reporting applications and building dashboards
Reimagine your Future by Joining the Advanced Team
We hire for potential, and develop at pace.
Advanced are a different sort of employer. Recruiting people with potential, our focus is on what you might be capable of achieving. We look for aspiration and passionately believe that your individual personality and core strengths are what can make you right for us. We want you to learn, to discover, to experiment, to make a difference.
With over a £254m turnover, over 19,000 customers and over 2,300 employees we pride ourselves on delivering focused software solutions for the public sector, enterprise commercial and health & care organisations that simplify complex business challenges and deliver immediate value.
Some of our Key Benefits from day one are:
- Generous Annual Leave - 25 days annual leave plus localised public holidays, with the ability to buy additional days
- Advanced Perks At Work - Exclusive employee discount programme providing access to enhanced offers at high street retailers (including John Lewis, Tesco, Apple and Asos), discounted rates for cinema and theatre tickets, accommodation and travel bookings
- Stunning office locations across 5 key hubs
- Charity Fundraising - Proud to be a Patron of The Prince's Trust
- Dedicated talent development team to help your Advanced career progress
- Top Achievers Club – our internal award scheme recognising excellence in our Advanced colleagues
- Pension Scheme (up to 5% matched contribution)
- Life insurance - 4 times salary
- Income protection insurance
- Childcare voucher (salary sacrifice)
- Cycle to work scheme (salary sacrifice)
- Employee assistance programme
Why should you apply? We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to removing bias from the hiring process. Advanced are different – we hire for potential and develop at pace so if you can reimagine your future in a vibrant growing company we would like to hear from you.
If your application is successful, you will initially be required to take an online assessment, undertake a telephone interview with the HR team and attend a final interview. Do not hesitate, apply now and a member of our in-house talent acquisition team will be in touch!