Advanced | Development
Job Description: Software Architect
Reporting to Head of Architecture
We're one of the UK's largest and fastest growing software companies. We pride ourselves on delivering focused software solutions for public sector, enterprise, commercial and health care organisations that simplify complex business challenges and deliver immediate value. With over 20 years offering solutions across the entire legal market Advanced are the #1 choice for cloud legal software.
The Team and Role
We are looking for an experienced Software Architect to work with our Health and Care product development teams.
The Software Architect role is a key position within the business. With a remit to oversee, direct and improve the software architecture, practices and standards across development teams. Reporting to the Head of Architecture, you will ensure that our current product lines continue to have well thought out underlying architectures that support integration between the products, scalability, reliability and extensibility that our customers rely on to conduct their business.
The architecture of the products has a direct impact on the ability to meet market needs. Your role will be to maintain a good delivery cadence within the engineering teams by helping them to arrive at better architectural designs, and benefit from knowledge gained and lessons learned across the wider architecture team.
We are engaged in large scale software projects using modern technologies, techniques and tools, to deliver the best that technology has to offer to our customers. As we adopt new technologies, you will carefully consider the transition between the current and newer architectures and align the development pipelines and roadmaps accordingly.
You will be assigned strategic areas or projects where you will:
- Be the owner of the technical direction and vision
- Ensure appropriate standards (corporate, industry, national) are adhered to and non-functional requirements are met
- Work on proof of concept solutions, that enable development teams to efficiently translate requirements into concise and robust solutions.
- Identify and manage technical debt, and drive efficiency and savings through a technical road-map and plan
- Contribute to innovation and application of new technology
- Coach and mentor technical staff across all levels, ensuring the correct implementation of technologies
- Work with the security team on information risk issues, looking for new areas of concern
- Co-ordinate projects and meet deadlines, especially during technology transition
- Contribute to the process of providing high level estimation and costing of the development workload ahead of detailed break-down, considering skills and capabilities
- Ensure that the architecture is being sufficiently documented to enable understanding and collaboration
You will also be an active participant within the architecture community, making contributions towards developing effective corporate standards and practices
Having a passion for all things connected with software development and an avid interest in technology, you will have solid experience working as an architect on enterprise level solutions with expertise across the whole software development life cycle.
You will excel at establishing productive working relationships with stakeholders at all levels, both technical and non-technical, be pro-active in championing best practices and help ensure realistic development commitments. Working closely with other architects, you will be responsible for evaluating, selecting and promoting the technologies, tooling and approaches used across the business, sharing knowledge, bringing consistency across the development teams and keeping the focus on high quality deliverables.
Our architects are expected to be hands on, with strong development skills and knowledge across a broad range of areas.
We would like you to have experience with
- General software development principles and practices
- C# .NET and related technologies to a deep level
- Using and optimising one or more relational database engines
- Test-driven development for front and back-end code
- Non-software architecture considerations concerning infrastructure, database, networking, security and working with third-party code.
- Systems integration and interfacing using messaging and APIs
Knowledge or experience with the following would be advantageous
- Healthcare systems and interoperability
- Modern software language capabilities such as generics, first-class functions, asynchronous programming and closures.
- Designing and deploying distributed computer systems, including n-tier, Queue-based, Pub/Sub and SOA approaches, CAP theorem.
- Domain Driven Design, CQRS, or Event Sourcing
- Creating CI/CD pipelines
- Load, performance & vulnerability testing and tooling
- Package and dependency management
- Security models and issues
- Agile development methodologies
Join the A team!
Does this sound like the kind of role you are looking for?
If you are keen to join an organisation that is going through an exciting growth period at the moment then please apply via the link above.
Some of our Key Benefits are:
- Competitive salary depending on your experience and skills
- 25 days annual holiday
- Learning environment working alongside experts in the latest technologies
- Special focus on training and development, and the opportunity to attend our own Advanced University
- Excellent benefits package available from day one: contributory pension, life insurance, income protection insurance, childcare voucher salary sacrifice, cycle to work scheme, and employee assistance programme
- Career progression opportunities, within Advanced Health and Care and the rest of the Advanced Group
If you want to more about our careers and life in general at Advanced please follow us on Linked In and visit our careers page www.oneadvanced.com/careers