Payments Account Manager
MINDBODY | Payments
Payments Account Manager
JOB FAMILY SUMMARY:
Payments sales covers an array of functions including selling and onboarding customers to integrated payments; engaging customers to fully adopt the payments solution; managing customers’ payments accounts through training, education, and support; analyzing customer portfolios to ensure pricing integrity, accuracy, and retention; and collaborating with Payments and Finance to identify new revenue and cost-saving opportunities.
The Payments Account Manager (PAM) specializes in retention and education of customers to increase payments revenue. The PAM is responsible for increasing customer adoption of MINDBODY Payments solutions, performing rate reviews while maintaining rate integrity, training customers on MINDBODY Payments solutions and best practices, and ongoing management of assigned accounts for non-technical payments related issues that cannot be resolved by merchant support. PAMs are the “go to” persons for Sales, Customer Success, and Support teams as the subject matter expert for Payments. Additionally, as a subject matter expert, the PAM is expected to perform payments data analysis and manage related data upon request to support other payments related revenue initiatives.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and maintain a program to grow merchant loyalty and trust through effective communication, education and transparency – build a brand around payments that MINDBODY clients love.
- Initiate and deliver payments training to MINDBODY clients whose merchant accounts have remained inactive after merchant account sale.
- Proactively monitor high volume accounts for any drastic changes in volume or low adoption
- Complete inbound rate reviews requests while maintain pricing integrity
- Work closely with the Customer Success to help their clients with Payments
- Support the sales and renewals process as needed
- Manage and mitigate payment-related escalations
- Help with sensitive projects that may influence how merchants view MINDBODY
- Work with Marketing to create payment-related content that is educational, instructional and reiterates the value propositions of the MINDBODY Payments solution and best practices
- Train other teams to ensure that MINDBODY Payments is an integral part of each customer’s business and journey with us
- Provide internal feedback to Payment and Executive leadership on how our payment solutions can better serve our customers
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
- Interprets data and assessing incomplete or conflicting data, plans out work and/or refining methods/techniques to be used
- Successfully collaborates with cross-functional teams to help streamline processes and/or for special projects
- Uses good judgement in interpreting and adapting company policies
- Researches and recommends solutions to situations where guidelines cannot be applied
- Applies broad merchant account management to solve difficult problems
- All other duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years of Sales and or Account Management experience
- 2 years of Payments industry experience
- Ability to understand merchant statements, interchange and industry specific costs
- Core Values Advocate
- Analytical skill with deep understanding of forecasting & data driven decision making; ability to analyze payments pricing, provide accurate cost comparisons, and pricing recommendations
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to establish relationships with key internal business partners.
- Experience with SaaS software solutions, PCI Compliance, eCommerce trends, card not present / card present merchant account credit card and ACH solutions preferred.
- Strong knowledge of the payments ecosystem
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills