Business Analyst - FMS
Advanced | Development
Business Analyst (FMS)
Our team of Product Owners & Business Analysts play a vital role in the design and delivery of our products, providing the feedback loop between our Customers, our Product Managers and our Engineering team. Using their knowledge of products, customers and the markets they operate in, the team provide input to the product management team and in turn then deliver and own the detailed user stories and associated release plans.
We are now looking for a Financial Management Systems Business Analyst to join our team.
The Business Analyst will elicit and analyse the detailed business requirements, business rules and constraints of customers, prospects and business partners. Effectively this role will be acting as the translation bridge between the Product Manager’s business “ask” and the R&D team’s delivery.
Reporting to a Product Owner and working with the Product Manager, the Business Analyst will provide commercial insight and direction. Where appropriate the role will consider other assets in the public domain or within the group to fulfil requirements rather than simply adopting an organic build option by default.
Your main responsibility will be investigating and defining a market problem, working with various stakeholders to agree a solution, communicating the problem and solution by creating clear documentation and converting this to user stories that can be executed by the development team. You should have excellent presentation skills in order to be able to effectively demonstrate product features internally and externally when required.
- Managing product backlogs by:
- Creating, managing and maintaining User Stories and Acceptance Criteria.
- Prioritising product backlog items to best achieve the goals and mission of the products.
- Ensuring visibility of product backlog items.
- Clarifying product backlog items to the development teams.
- Working closely with Product Manager to understand market problems and customer requirements
- Working with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to:
- Create clearly defined requirements through rigorous investigation, analysis and review in order to define and clearly document business and user requirements.
- Facilitate workshops to review, analyse and challenge requirements.
- Carry out fit and gap analysis of requirements vs. products to understand if standard products meet user needs or identify key opportunities through areas of product improvement.
- Define logical solutions to meet customer requirements.
- Responsible for the quality of the solution (in terms of its business applicability), and the successful release to market
- Act as the “product expert” for customers and development
- Working directly with key customers and development to support the requirements gathering
- As part of the agile development team, involvement in all of the Scrum team’s activities, including in the team’s sprint meetings, such as retrospectives and planning meetings. Where necessary suggesting improvements, guidance and feedback to the agile process.
- Assist where needed in Development and QA process
- Working closely with other analysts, product managers and development teams in Advanced to ensure product alignment and leverage
- Working with members of the Product Ownership team to continually improve working processes and quality of the products
Suitable candidates must be able to demonstrate:
- Strongly-developed Customer-focused skills – you’ll be comfortable working with a range of customers working in Finance and demonstrate a clear understanding of the role
- Previous experience and understanding of FMS processes and systems as well as assessing the impact of new legislative requirements and where to find details of these requirements
- Previous experience working as Business Analyst
- Experience working in/with software development teams and with agile development principles
- Good communication skills, written and verbal
- Experience of working closely with customers or business stakeholders
- Experience of creating customer centric solutions
- Experience defining requirements for technical features such as API integration or data mapping.
The following would be desirable:
- Understanding of data modelling, entity-relationship concepts and relational databases
- Understanding of general business processes and / or logistics, document management, HR, training, recruitment etc
- Previous experience working with offshore development teams