Monitoring Platform Engineer
Advanced | IT Services
Monitoring Platform Engineer
> Location: Ashford or Ditton Park Office.
> Division: IT Services
> Function: Operations
> Reporting to: Enterprise Manager
Team & Role
Monitoring is a critical component of the Advanced Platform infrastructure and we are committed to providing the highest levels of service to our customers through adoption of best practices across our entire organisation. As a Monitoring Platform Engineer, your role will be key in ensuring systems are monitored and generating the appropriate alerts through consoles and dashboards, ensuring the service consumers (platform owners, service owners, helpdesks, customers) have real-time visibility of the health of their services.
The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in current monitoring practices, and have excellent communication skills. They will have previous experience of implementing and maintaining monitoring services, or something similar, to a variety of audiences and consumers.
The Monitoring Platform Engineer will work in a small team and be responsible for delivering and maintaining the monitoring services across our company and for our customers during standard working hours. You will occasionally need to show flexibility in working hours and will be required to work outside standard working hours from time-to-time, for example to assist with a project.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Project – delivery of new, and integration of existing, monitoring platforms in-line with the business strategy
- BAU – maintenance of platforms in-line with vendor recommendations and in-house best practice
- Service Improvement – deployment of functionality within platforms to enable service improvement: i.e. single sign-on, end user self-service
- Vendor Management – working with the vendor to resolve issues
- Reporting – creating repeatable reporting in-line with internal and external customer requirements; for example, service availability and SLA adherence
- Documentation – author new documentation appropriate to the audience. For example, ‘how-to’ videos to enable self-service
- Team Working – self-management of your workload between yourself and the team
Essential skills and experience
- Implementation and support of large-scale enterprise monitoring and reporting services
- An ability to create clear technical and non-technical documentation, tailored to the appropriate audience
- A practical understanding of gathering business requirements & scoping relevant solutions
- Strong consultancy skills and the capacity to
- Effective time-management, in order to meet deadlines and handle change
- Effective coordination with an ability to thoroughly document and reliably coordinate planned changes between multiple parties
- A functional understanding of the IT technology stack (IaaS, PaaS, Networking, DR, etc.)
- A commitment to continual improvement processes, modelled around meeting ISO standards for change control, quality, and incident handling
Desirable skills and experience
- Deployment or management of PagerDuty
- Deployment or management of SolarWinds
- Any technical accreditation in core technology areas (virtualisation, networking, OS, etc.)
- An ability to script, or via other methodologies, the automation of workload
- Enterprise Managed Services background
We are Advanced
Join a business that embraces innovation, gives you the scope to seize every opportunity and will help get you where you want to go. Life at Advanced begins in an unprecedented environment with a role that matters, taking you on a fast paced journey of discovery, however big that might be.
We’re one of the UK’s largest and fastest growing software companies. True partnership is the defining thing that makes us different from the competition. We pride ourselves on delivering focused software solutions for public sector, enterprise commercial and health & care organisations that simplify complex business challenges and deliver immediate value.
Join the “A” Team
- Excellent benefits from day one: contributory pension, life insurance, income protection insurance, childcare voucher salary sacrifice, cycle to work scheme, and employee assistance programme
- 25 days holidays
- Special focus on training and development with the opportunity to excel your career from our internal Talent Development Team
- The ability to work with engaged colleagues who share a passion for solving business problems
- Working in an organisation that encourages 360 feedback at all levels
- Be part of an organisation that has recently been ranked by Deloitte in the Top 50 fastest growing tech Companies