Service Desk Engineer
Tomia | Information Technology
TOMIA was formed from the merger of Starhome Mach and Telarix, industry veterans in Roaming and Interconnect. TOMIA offers transformative connectivity solutions to service providers worldwide. Its innovative offering enables customers to manage a unified optimization process of both roaming and interconnect while driving the future of connectivity through new technologies and services such as VoLTE, NFV, and 5G. With over 500 employees worldwide, regional headquarters in the US, Israel, Luxembourg, India, and a presence in over 30 countries, TOMIA serves over 400 operators including 30 tier-1 and six of the industry's largest groups. To learn more visit www.tomiaglobal.com
IT Help Desk Technician - Bangalore, IN
Serving 24/7 as the first point of contact for TOMIA employees seeking technical assistance over the phone or email.
Performing remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions Determining.
Primary Responsibility (Strategic, Operational, People and Financial responsibility):
- Serve as the first point of contact for TOMIA employees seeking technical assistance over the phone or email.
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions.
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by employees.
- Walk the employee through the problem-solving process.
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel.
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services.
- Record events and problems and their resolution in logs.
- Follow-up and update employee status and information.
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by employees to the appropriate internal team.
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures
- Proven experience as a help desk technician or other customer support role
- Tech savvy with working knowledge of office automation products, databases and remote control
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues
- Proficiency in English
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer-oriented and cool-tempered.
- Good understanding on Cloud based Applications and Integration with AD is added advantage.
- Windows 7/10 OS Advanced level (Mandatory).
- Office 365 applications - Advanced level (Mandatory)
- Able to work in 24/7 shifts in a fast-changing fast-paced environment
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong and effective interpersonal skills, team player.
- Self-motivated, keen to explore new areas, strive for technical excellence.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication
Diploma in Computers/Bsc. -IT/ B.E./B.Tech/MCA.
Knowledge and Skills: