Ping Identity | Sales (6100)
At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's build on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
The Account Manager is responsible for selling new licenses and professional services opportunities to new prospects. The Account Manager is also responsible managing existing customer relations; including renewals and additional licensing and services opportunities. Candidates must have an enterprise software or services sales background. Experience previously selling security software, identity and access management, or infrastructure technologies is preferred. The selected candidate will have successfully sold to large enterprises in their designated territory.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We’re seeking a resourceful, motivated and results-oriented sales professional to help us set, drive, and execute on revenue goals. The Account Manager will work closely with the regional Director of Sales to set priorities and make key strategic decisions within a set of target accounts. You’ll shape and influence every part of our commercial sales process to roll out a winning strategy that has a material impact. You’ll partner cross-functionally throughout the organization. You will become a trusted customer advisor and an expert in Ping Identity product offerings. In this role, you will have immense growth potential and opportunities to prove your impact at a quickly growing company.
THE SKILL SET
- Three to five years quota-carrying software sales experience
- Experience of working in a “start-up” environment
- Proven successful track record with annual quotas for the past three years
- Strong prospecting, qualifying, closing and managing skills
- Successful candidates will have experience in managing complex sales cycles
- Familiarity with general security, identity and access management, and federated security software products
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including cold calls, proposal preparation, and presentation skills
- Executive selling and negotiating skills
- Must have energy, drive, commitment and passion
- Goals-oriented, team player, ability to delegate to pre-sales and post-sales
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Be comfortable selling in a hybrid-selling environment, where both direct and indirect approaches are used
- Creative deal-making skills
- Detail and results oriented.
- Demonstrate a high level of hustle, self-motivation, commitment and activity to attain corporate and personal goal
- Prior use of CRM applications (Siebel, Salesforce.com, etc.) and Microsoft applications such as Word/Excel/etc.
- Applicant must reside within the geography of the assigned territory.
- Travel required
- Highly motivated
- Team oriented
- Sound understanding of the Cloud ecosystem
- Good solution selling skills
- Longevity track record
- High integrity
- You will attend Ping Identity’s Sales Bootcamp, where you will learn go-to-market messaging, key differentiators, and segment-specific value propositions.
- You will meet with current members of the Sales team to understand what’s working, what’s not, and gather learnings to implement into your role.
- You will start developing a territory and account strategy, with manager support.
- You will be confident engaging customers in phone conversations regarding the Ping Identity proposition
- You should consistently achieve goals on activity metrics and conversations within your account list.
- You will be generating pipeline in line with revenue targets and able to accurately forecast sales opportunities
- You should have a number of self-generated opportunities that you can now actively work to close
- You will be an experienced and valued member of the team and someone that peers look to for motivation and support
- You should consistently exceed new business targets and continue closing opportunities and exceeding quotas.