Deskside Assist Engineer
Advanced | Operations (Managed Services)
ITServices is the infrastructure, IT outsourcing and hosting division ofAdvanced. The team delivers solutions to business requirements in a changingtechnological landscape. With our customers relying on our knowledge &expertise within IT Services, our IT Support Engineers help to make the complexsimple, as we become one of the UK technology industry’s success stories. We’regrowing fast and building an exciting future.
The Onsite ITSupport Engineer is tasked with providing optimal value to our business byproviding on site or remote IT support at one or several of our customers’premises.
What youwill be doing
- An Onsite IT Support Engineer provides second line support to end-users and customers
- Troubleshooting and resolving front line issues and queries
- Logging incidents, service requests, changes and problem tickets in our support platform (Remedy) escalating where necessary
- Ensuring timely resolution of requests in line with Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Creating / updating training material, quick tip sheets and other documentation
What youwill be good at
- As an Onsite IT Support Engineer, you will have the ability to troubleshoot issues across networking, desktop, mobile and other IT infrastructure systems
- Some knowledge of enterprise-level IT systems and services
- Experience in co-ordination of issue resolution to agreed service levels and targets
- The ability to self-organise and prioritise workload
What wewould like you to have
- Previous experience in a similar customer facing role
- A level of flexibility; with possible weekly changes in shift patterns
- Experience using Remedy is preferred, but not necessary
- A natural interest in putting forwards new ideas to improve processes
- A desire to develop your career at pace, and the commitment to excellence that this requires
Reimagineyour Future by Joining the Advanced Team
We hirefor potential, and develop at pace.
Advancedare a different sort of employer. Recruiting people with potential, our focusis on what you might be capable of achieving. We look for aspiration andpassionately believe that your individual personality and core strengths arewhat can make you right for us. We want you to learn, to discover,to experiment, to make a difference.
With a£225m turnover, 16,000 customers and 2,200 employees we pride ourselves ondelivering focused software solutions for the public sector, enterprisecommercial and health & care organisations that simplify complex businesschallenges and deliver immediate value.
Some of our Key Benefits from day one are:
- Generous Annual Leave - 25 days annual leave plus localised public holidays, with the ability to buy additional days
- Stunning office locations across 5 key hubs
- Charity Fundraising - Proud to be a Patron of The Prince's Trust
- Dedicated talent development team to help your Advanced career progress
- Top Achievers Club – our internal award scheme recognising excellence in our Advanced colleagues
- Pension Scheme (up to 5% matched contribution)
- Life insurance x 4 times salary
- Income protection insurance
- Childcare voucher (salary sacrifice)
- Cycle to work scheme (salary sacrifice)
- Employee assistance programme
Whyshould you apply? Advanced are different – we hire for potential anddevelop at pace so if you can reimagine your future in a vibrantgrowing company we would like to hear from you. We are an equal opportunityemployer, committed to removing bias from the hiring process.
If yourapplication is successful, you will initially be required to take an onlineassessment, undertake a telephone interview with the HR team and attend a finalinterview. Do not hesitate, apply now and a member of our in-house talentacquisition team will be in touch!