IT Engineer I
MINDBODY | Information Technology
The IT Engineer I performs a broad range of activities including effective provisioning, installation, configuration, administration, and maintenance of all technology systems and may act as a project lead for the implementation of new technology initiatives. Additionally, this role acts as Tier II support for key technologies in use within the environment. A high degree of collaboration with a variety of other teams is required to provide right level of agility within a defined delivery process. This person shall be energetic, customer service oriented, and technically talented to provide support in a 24x7x365 dynamic and fast-paced environment.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- 1-2 years’ experience working in an IT position is required
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer or technical related field is required
- Experience managing and configuring Microsoft Active Directory environments and supporting Microsoft applications such as IIS, SQL, Exchange, and SharePoint required
- Experience as an administrator or technician in a mission-critical technology environment required.
- Experience managing multiple simultaneous complex technical projects required
- Experience with Palo Alto Networks firewalls, F5 load balancers, Cisco UCS, and/or NetApp SANs highly preferred
- Experience managing and configuring Linux environments and supporting applications such as Apache and MySQL preferred
- Knowledge of systems management tools, such as, but not limited to, Microsoft SCCM and VMWare VSphere
- Knowledge of storage technologies using iSCSI, FC, or NFS
- Troubleshooting and critical thinking skills to solve for issues in highly complex environments
- Perform under pressure within a time sensitive environment while managing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Creative problem-solving skills with strong quantitative, analytical, and conceptual thinking skills
- Excellent communication (both oral and written), documentation, and interpersonal skills
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs advisory system administration duties including resource provisioning and management, script creation and maintenance, advanced system diagnostics, and other activities to ensure optimal health and performance of all systems.
- Develops, improves and promotes standard systems designs, implementation procedures, and operational best practices to provide continuity for existing systems while forecasting a highly scalable redundant architecture.
- Researches and recommends innovative, and where possible, automated approaches for system administration tasks.Identifies approaches that utilize resources (people, process, and technology) in the most efficient manner.
- Acts as a Tier I point of escalation for the monitoring and managing of all systems and services, taking steps to improve performance, reliability or uptime as directed and per established policies and procedures.
- Produces actionable operational documentation, including Visio diagrams, detailed descriptions of the environment, and comprehensive instructions to outline the steps required to perform tasks to build and configure systems.
- Conducts research and makes recommendations on products, services, protocols, and standards in support of systems procurement and development efforts.
- Participates in operational health reviews, service monitoring and notification discussions, service portfolio reviews, and ongoing process improvement assignments as needed.
- Provides excellent customer service to internal clients and communicates effectively with management, team leaders, and other team members within the department.
- All other duties as assigned