Sales Internship Summer 2020
PowerSchool | Sales
Sales Market Research Intern
Who we are:
PowerSchool is the most widely used Student Information System (SIS) on the market, serving more than 40 million users including teachers, parents, students and administrators in the US, Canada and in more than 70 countries. PowerSchool plays a central role in K12 education, serving as the hub of customers’ education ecosystems with robust features and APIs that allow education stakeholders to effectively manage school processes and student data and connect diverse education technologies utilized in classrooms, schools and districts. PowerSchool, available on most mobile devices, has powerful reporting capabilities and intuitive teacher tools.
We are looking for a team of Interns to help us build a comprehensive database of critical Customer and Prospect information. We are seeking a sharp, sales and marketing-minded individual with data analysis and/or research skills. Primary duties of the CaP Database Intern include utilizing a variety of techniques to collect, query and analyze large amounts of data. The database will be used to identify sales and marketing opportunities, facilitate sales territory alignment, and aid our product management by providing key competitive insights.
This position reports into our Sales Operations group, who will be leading this initiative. This position is temporary, but qualified candidates who demonstrate proficiency and willingness to take on other responsibilities may be offered a full-time position in our Sales or Marketing department, or even in other departments at PowerSchool depending on the fit.
- Interact with our Sales and Marketing team to capture existing customer knowledge
- Deploy customer surveys and follow-up with customers as appropriate
- Conduct customer calls and email surveys
- Significant time will be spent with customer interaction via phone and email, must be comfortable and proficient communicating extensively with customer, clients, and sales team
- Update our CRM (Salesforce) with confirmed customer information
- Data extraction
- Obtaining a Bachelor Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, Liberal Arts or related field and/or recent college graduate
- Familiarity with SalesForce and ClickTools is a plus
- Effective communication, presentation, organizational, planning, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with customers on the telephone and via e-mail
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to be flexible and part of a growing and empowered team, plus strong self-driven personality with a keen sense of delivering completed projects in a timely manner
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; highly motivated, able to handle adversity and client rejection
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, high intensity environment
- Must be self-motivated and open to learning and sharing new ideas
- Strong follow-up skills - obtaining data from customers may take several passes. A successful candidate must be organized with follow-up techniques to collect as much data as possible with the least amount of effort from the customer.