Sr. Technical Support Engineer
Ping Identity | Tier II Support (3102)
At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's build on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
The successful individual will be responsible for the second level of support for Ping Identity’s global customers using any of our products including PingFederate, PingAccess, PingDirectory, PingOne, PingID, and any supported integration kits. The environment is fast paced which requires mental dexterity. Our Tier 2 team consists of highly skilled engineers whom thrive off of the technical and customer service challenges afforded to them. Day-to-day a Tier 2 engineer receives pre-qualified work from Tier 1 the expectation is that you will bring to bear your additional industry experience and troubleshooting abilities. You will have opportunities to create individual contributions for Ping whilst at the same time helping the team to achieving its MBO’s. There is an element of paid on-call in this role, on rotation across the global team, weekends only, outages and critical care only.
- Management of own work queue
- Accepting and managing escalated cases
- Performing in-depth analysis of customer issues
- Communicating effectively with customers, peers and other business units
- Producing new knowledge articles which are both internal and customer facing
- Coaching junior team members
- Raising of engineering tickets
- Passion for customer service
- Ability and motivation to be innovative when finding solutions
- Desire to learn new and exciting technologies
- Excellent interpersonal verbal & written communication skills
- Logical troubleshooting ability and analytical skill
- Well organised with effective workload management
- Familiar with SaaS applications (Salesforce, Google, etc) and supporting SaaS solutions
- Troubleshooting web-based applications (through HTTP Tracing tools and log analysis) in browsers and applications servers
- Understanding of Single Sign On (SAML, OAuth, OpenID & WS-FED)
- Understanding of Multi Factor Authentication (PingID, SecurID, DUO etc)
- Understanding of Lightweight Directory Access Protocol and Directory Services
- Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), X.509 certificates & Kerberos
- Internet Protocols (HTTPS/SSL/TLS etc)
- Linux-based and/or Windows server OS management