Director, Product Operations & Launch
Vertafore | Product Management
The Director, Product Operations and Launch is a results-oriented technology leader who is responsible for driving our overall go-to-market process, streamlining operations and working within Product Management and across functions to deliver on strategic objectives. This is a really important role for the company. It’s a great opportunity to have a big impact by ensuring that we set clear success metrics for our launches, and then have the plans in place to ensure we achieve them. This is a great role for a hands-on contributor who is able to work on a wide variety of operational projects. This position will work with a range of stakeholders including CEO, Executive Leadership, Development, Sales, Marketing, Customer Support and Professional Services and will forge key relationships with all Product Management personnel. The Director, Product Operations and Launch drives change at the individual, team and organizational levels through the adoption and continuous improvement of new processes, tools, and metrics.
- Ensures product organization is setting clear goals for product launches, is adhering to our best practice launch processes, and we are not replicating mistakes of the past.
- Be the focal point for all product launches, and reporting to CEO and Executive Team on launch goals and status.
- Drives continuous improvement of our company-wide go-to-market process, working with all departments to execute and deliver value to our customers
- Collaboratively defines and manages execution of cross-functional projects
- Works with stakeholders across the organization to coordinate plans and share information
- Develops and maintains launch roadmaps, calendars, and other representations of product management strategy
- Accomplishes operational goals by scheduling and assigning tasks and following up on work results
- Assesses Product Management operational performance, identifies improvements, and identifies levers to accelerate changes to process
- Challenges team members to use a disciplined approach for driving consistently excellent product releases
- Fosters teamwork and adherence to new operating norms
- Anticipates and identifies issues that inhibit adoption of best practices or realization of business value and provides recommendations to address roadblocks and areas of opportunity
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Ensure all other team deliverables and tasks are completed on time and to high standards
- Other duties as assigned by Chief Product & Data Officer
Education and Years of Experience:
- At least 5 years of product management, project management, professional services, business operations, management or customer service experience is required, preferably in agile environments
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Certifications, Licenses, Credentials:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view
- Working style demonstrates respect, initiative, ownership, transparency, and accountability
- Thrives on responsibility and displays a drive for results
- Able to work collaboratively with others to accomplish goals
- Can communicate complex concepts to all levels of an organization and customers
- Demonstrated ability to define and track KPIs and other measurable success criteria
- Demonstrated ability to get things done in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to break down complex problems into actionable steps
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to adapt your communication style for the audience
- Demonstrated ability to influence decision making in different contexts
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the job responsibilities, duties, skill, or working conditions. In addition, this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.