Director, Technical Support
PowerSchool | Higher Education
Job Title: Director, Technical Support
This position is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, quality and output of the technical support for our award-winning PeopleAdmin software systems. This position ensures that our employees provide world class solutions oriented technical support with a strong focus on customer service that is designed to maximum customer satisfaction while reaching our target goals. This position drives process improvements while motivating others to accurately analyze, troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve software or system related issues. This position will interact with customers via telephone and/or written internet-based communication and will be responsible for driving customer loyalty. Additionally, this position will provide leadership and management guidance to evolve our operations while supporting new and existing products and services for a wide range of customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Monitors and drives leadership team member’s performance
· Works to increase team efficiency and effectiveness
· Monitor operational activity (volumes, key performance indicators/metrics, corrective action reporting, performance plans, trends, product content changes, etc.)
· Addresses any customer satisfaction issues
· Coaches and develops managers
· Participates in hiring of new team members
· Performs any HR related administrative tasks
· Leads weekly staff meetings, conducts regular employee one-on-one sessions, and annual reviews
· Addresses any performance management issues with employees
· Works with direct reports to understand and prioritize product issues
· Develops and drives processes to improve customer satisfaction, service, process, and innovation
· All other duties as assigned
To be considered for and to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- At least 10-12 years of experience running an efficient and high performing Technical Support organization.
- Demonstrated success in transforming high potential teams into efficient, engaged, and high performing teams.
- A minimum experience of 3-5 years in leading Managers/Sr. Manager level staff
- At least 5-7 years in a SaaS based Product company managing Technical Support teams a Senior Manager role.
- Strong handle on managing results by way of numbers and KPI driven approach to demonstrate outcomes and process maturity.
- Experience in creating processes & frameworks, in-line with industry best standards
- Ability to guide and mentor while possessing capability to roll up sleeves and lead by example.
- Salesforce experience required
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills
- Excellent change management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to lead and coach employees
- Ability to thrive with a heavy workload and multiple projects with frequent interruptions and schedule changes
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience