Network Operations Specialist
Omnitracs | Operations - Network
Network Operations Specialist
Responsible and accountable for maintaining day-to-day operations for 7 X 24 X 365 network operations facility to provide uninterrupted network services for customers and internal support.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performing daily checks of data center and RF/IF components, monitoring of customer connections and acting appropriately upon any disconnections, monitoring the message flow on all systems and escalating appropriately if there are any delays, responding to panic alerts from customer units, monitoring disk space allocation on the VMS cluster, monitoring the data flow over the IF/RF channels, and monitoring the data transmissions between the active and backup site.
- Responsible for initiating and coordination of conference bridges used for troubleshooting system issues. Ensures that all appropriate parties are notified and included in the call. Able to provide needed information regarding the issue to members of the call.
- Providing follow-up on customer problems/questions until issue is resolved to the customer's satisfaction. Appropriately escalates calls to other departments when necessary.
- Functions well in a multi-faceted and fast-paced environment. Conducts communication with customers, service providers and other Omnitracs employees in a professional manner. Interfaces professionally with personnel of all levels. Effectively deals with a variety of problems and can switch gears from software to hardware, to IF/RF, to Network, to maintain system uptime. Stays current on enhancements to existing products, new developments, and/or related technical information
- Appropriately and accurately documents calls and issues in the CRM system. Includes all necessary, pertinent and mandatory information, as called out by CRM tool and/or written procedures.
Skills & Requirements
- Basic knowledge of command line operating system (e.g. OpenVMS, Unix, Linux)
- Basic knowledge of networking and networking concepts
- Strong Windows skills required
- Experience with Salesforce, ServiceNow or another CRM tool
- Able to easily use mid-level functions of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work independently and execute projects with minimal direction; escalating issues as appropriate
- Organized, able to multi-task, and work under pressure
- Experience working in technology-related field, providing direct customer support
- Great customer service skills
- Able to learn quickly and adapt to new technologies and processes
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Grafana, Sitescope, Solarwinds, Splunk and Zabbix
- Must be dependable & willing to work any shift in a 24x7x365 work environment, weekend and Holiday hours required
- Certification in one or more of the following: Cisco, CompTIA, RHEL, AWS
- Basic web design and MSSQL database administration
- Knowledge of one or more scripting languages (VB script, DCL, Perl, PHP, Python)
- Experience with an alert aggregation/management tool like OpsGenie or PagerDuty
2 to 3 years work experience in a mission critical network operations/SAAS environment
Disclaimer: This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties in addition to those described above.
Omnitracs LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local municipal law.