Associate Ops Center Engineer
PowerSchool | R&D
The Operations Center team manages and administers all facets of cloud hosted environments from hardware to software, operating systems to PowerSchool’s products. The purpose of the Operations Center Engineer is to provide monitoring, incident management, service requests fulfillment, application deployment services.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Monitor applications and production environments ensure availability.
- Respond to, or assists in responding, to monitoring alerts as received.
- Monitoring application and infrastructure alerts and responding/resolving as required.
- Resolve assigned incidents and Service Requests while meeting required service levels.
- Execute deployment of new software based on provided instructions as required.
- Work based on a 7X24X365 rotation and schedule as assigned by manager.
- Trigger and work on Major Incidents as required.
- Maintain regular communications with Operations Center colleagues and internal customers.
- Use knowledge of Database technologies to analyze and write new scripts to resolve issues or perform tasks
- Create and maintain technical documentation and playbooks as required.
- Strong working knowledge of Unix/Linux, Windows, Tomcat
- Meet all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team leader to meet goals, welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere