Training Consultant, Professional Services (Entry-Level)
Vertafore | Professional Services
Are you passionate about helping others be successful? Do you enjoy working with software solutions, engaging with customers and having the opportunity to use your insurance expertise in a new and different way? Vertafore would like to hear from you! We are seeking an implementation consultant with an emphasis in training consultation for our Professional Service Delivery Center team.
This career includes planning and implementing onsite and remote training events for clients based on Vertafore’s Best Practices guidelines. An ideal candidate will have some training or insurance industry experience, and will be energetic, flexible, a self-starter, a team player, a quick learner and will demonstrate excellent presentation skills. The rewards for this position include working with a team of veteran trainers who are great mentors, the satisfaction of knowing you had a positive impact on our clients, and an opportunity to grow in Vertafore’s Professional Services organization.
Implementation Consultants start their journey with a cohort of colleagues that undergo robust training and with the opportunity to work across a variety of products with agencies of all sizes.
We're #1 in our industry and are looking for enthusiastic talent with a passion for meeting customer needs. The selected candidate should thrive in a customer-driven, fast-paced environment. Excellent communication & strong interpersonal skills are critical to this role as well as the ability to work effectively with customers, project managers, analysts, and developers to deliver solutions.
Core requirements and responsibilities:
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
- Become a subject matter expert with our products, methodology, and P&C business operations
- Work within and across teams implementing Vertafore products and delivering Professional Services
- Manage multiple training engagements concurrently
- Conduct presentations and educational sessions
- Deliver both in-person and remote training sessions
- Partner with clients to ensure training events are well-planned from start to finish
- Provide complete and concise internal reporting for all engagements
- Assist with mentoring and training of new staff
- Commit to improve existing skills, and develop new skills on an ongoing basis
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to travel frequently for training engagements with Vertafore’s clients
- Flexible, easily adaptable to change
- Broad knowledge of agency management systems and other business applications, content management solutions-Vertafore product knowledge is a priority
- Strong interpersonal skills with the proven ability to effectively engage and influence at all levels, and ability to effectively handle crucial conversations and manage conflict resolution
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload and tasks to meet deadlines
- Excellent presentation and communications skills, both written and verbal
- Outstanding time management skills
- Ability to be creative and innovative
- Ability to effectively problem solve, react to situations decisively and effectively
- Existing knowledge of property and casualty insurance business practices and independent insurance agency markets
- Existing knowledge of insurance accounting practices
- Knowledge of employee benefits insurance
- 2+ years of experience in the P&C insurance industry preferred
- 2+ years of experience in training and education preferred
- Prior insurance industry experience and knowledge preferred
- You aspire to be a dedicated contributor for providing technical support to teams and outstanding support to customers
Additional Requirements and Details:
- Travel required up to 80% of the time.
- Located and working from an office location.
- Located near commercial service airport
- Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
- Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
- Frequent sitting and/or standing.
Vertafore is a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug and background screenings.
The selected candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the job responsibilities, duties, skill, or working conditions. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. In addition, this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Vertafore strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.