Vice President, Data Governance and Operations
Numerator | Product Management
The VP of Data Governance and Operations will drive the development of Numerator’s data management strategy. This role will work with business leaders to improve the quality of data assets with the goal of creating a trusted source to inform business decisions. This role reports to the Chief Product Officer.
Oversees and manages the following Data Strategy work streams:
- Improve data governance and quality to increase the reliability and quality of our data.
- Responsible for documenting data requirements, data collection / processing / cleaning and establishing the governance and quality standards for the organization’s data management.
- Strategically enable the right data to conduct analysis, inform decisions and deliver results.
- Protect our data assets through increased and appropriate security.
- Responsible for on-boarding 3rd party data for use in combination with other data sets.
- Engage with data providers and the product team to create unique custom data solutions.
- Influence the data acquisition product roadmap, including the integration and / or mapping of multiple data sets to support cross-data solutions.
- Develop a roadmap for platforms, processes and tools needed to effectively handle data company-wide with an eye to the future, including portions of our data science and machine learning roadmaps.
- Stay ahead of data governance best practices and adapt to emerging technologies and policies and continuously improve the data governance strategy.
- Create the single, trusted source for key business data that can be shared across the company.
- Define and oversee the execution of data tests.
Responsibilities within these work streams include:
- Manage & lead integrated, multi-track projects and/or programs in developing high quality deliverables and process development.
- Translate technical concepts to business implications/capabilities to drive alignment and decision making.
- Drive communication throughout the company to elevate the company's commitment to clean, reliable, and accurate data Provides direction and guidance to program resources (budget, staffing, etc.) and development contributing to program execution.
- Work closely with leadership to set strategy and define success criteria for data initiative.
- Lead a team of product owners and data analysts who direct tactical activities in regards to the ongoing collection and enhancement of our proprietary data assets
- 5+years of experience with data management standards and practices, and leading Data Governance programs.
- 3+years in management/executive role.
- Strong leadership experience working in an enterprise or cross-functional role.
- Strong interpersonal and communication/persuasion skills.
- Proven project management leadership
- Experience in performance management metrics.
- Demonstrable ability to coordinate cross functional teams of legal, product,, IT and other key stakeholders.
- Experience with SQL, relational databases, Python and Snowflake, as well as a solid understanding of data science and machine learning
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.