QA Analyst I
MINDBODY | Product Development
Company Overview - https://company.mindbodyonline.com/
JOB FAMILY SUMMARY:
Works with developers and business application users to develop comprehensive test plans and detailed test cases, including the use of automation, performance and test management tools. Develops, modifies, and executes software test plans, automated scripts and programs for testing. Analyzes and writes test standards and procedures. Maintains documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software. Analyzes test results to ensure existing functionality and recommends corrective action. Consults with development engineers in resolution of problems.
The Quality Assurance Analyst I is responsible for ensuring MINDBODY’s quality standards are upheld throughout the development lifecycle. The QA Analyst I, with assistance from more senior QA Analysts will define, implement, and communicate test strategies at a project level as well as implement and report on quality metrics. This role will function as a QA representative and advocate during UX wireframing, research and design phases.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- With assistance from more senior QA Analysts, utilize knowledge of modern testing methodologies to define and implement test strategies for projects of medium complexity
- Participate in day to day test cases writing, testing, and defect documentation activities
- Utilize basic SQL queries for day to day testing, release monitoring, and product quality reporting
- Participate in test planning to develop comprehensive project level test outlines
- Utilize planning and organizational skills to monitor the release of new features/products
- Represent QA in early phases of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) by attending UX wireframing, research and design meetings
- Work closely with Product and Project Managers to communicate project testing expectations, provide quality assurance estimates for testing resources, and identify scope issues early in SDLC
- Work closely with Software Engineers and Quality Assurance Engineers during development of technical requirements to ensure testability of new features/products and define the role of automation in overall test strategy
- With assistance from Senior QA Analysts, report on meaningful project level quality metrics
- Assist more senior QA Analyst roles with communicating rollout of new tools or testing standards
- All other duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years professional experience testing SaaS/web-based or mobile applications preferred
- Intermediate understanding of modern SDLC processes
- Intermediate understanding of modern QA methodologies and best practices
- Basic understanding of software testing metrics
- Basic understanding of test case management and bug tracking software
- Basic understanding of test plans and test case creation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work in fast paced team-oriented environments
- Self-motivated and able to develop creative solutions to problems with minimal supervision
- A passion for technology and building quality products
- Hands-on experience defining test strategies for projects of moderate complexity preferred
- Hands-on experience reporting on project level quality metrics preferred
- Familiarity with OOP and general computer programing principles
- Familiarity with automated software testing and automation frameworks
- Quality assurance related certifications including ISTQB, CSQA, CQA, CSTE or CISA preferred
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
- This position is mostly stationary and will be required to remain stationary for extended periods of time.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
SCOPE OF SUPERVISION/AUTHORITY:
Duties are performed under limited supervision. Will receive training and guidance when working on new processes and procedures. Most decisions will be routine and do not require supervisor assistance. No direct management responsibility.