Accounts Payable Specialist
Jamf | 940 - Finance
Who we are:
Jamf, the standard for Apple in the enterprise, extends the legendary Apple experience people love to businesses, schools, and government organizations. After watching hundreds of users struggle to deploy, update, and secure Apple computers, iPads, and iPhones in business and in the classroom, we knew there had to be a better way to handle such pesky IT functions. Removing the barriers of technology and empowering doctors to treat patients, teachers to teach, and businesses to thrive.
Today, more than 34,000 customers from more than 150 countries rely on Jamf to help them succeed with Apple. We don’t say we are the best, but we strive to be the best. We are a group of curious, self-starters with a passion for making people’s lives easier, paving the way for a better Apple experience in government organizations, hospitals, businesses, and schools.
What you’ll do at Jamf:
At Jamf, we empower people to be their best selves and do their best work. The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for accurate entry and timely payment of domestic and international vendor invoices. This role interacts with many areas of the organization and will serve as a primary contact for vendors.
- Enter vendor invoices into the system, obtaining proper approval and ledger account information
- Prepare payments via check or wire
- Maintain vendor relationships, including inquiries and discrepancies
- Follow appropriate procedures to process new vendors
- Work closely with expense approvers to ensure proper treatment of prepaids, accruals, fixed assets, etc.
- Perform required month end close duties
- Generate purchase orders upon requestIdentify and accrue monthly use tax
- Assist in maintaining W-9 records
- Assist with monthly budget review
- Assist with annual audit requirements
- Associate’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience required
- 2+ years accounts payable experience required
- Basic understanding of US GAAP required
- Experience working with multiple foreign currencies preferred
- Ability to work in a high growth, fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational, analytical, and time management skills
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks and prioritize effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong excel skills
How we help you reach your best potential:
- We are progressive, but laid back. You are free to be you and work how you work best. Here, you manage your own day and your own work style.
- Be your own self-starter. We support each other no doubt, but we thrive taking initiative and are empowered to roll up our sleeves, dig in, and push forward.
- Everyone has a voice and everyone can make a difference, our more than 90% employee retention rate agrees!
- We put people over profits – which is why our customers keep coming back to us at a 96% customer retention rate
- Ability to support and give back to your community through volunteer paid time off.
- We embrace all perspectives. Our employee led I&D groups encourage employees to make real, actionable differences here at Jamf.
- Ability to grow in your professional career through advancement opportunities, including tuition reimbursement for those obtaining a degree.
- 20 of the Top 25 Fortune 500 companies rely on Jamf to do their best work.
You are the right kind of Jamf if:
You go above and beyond for others, genuine and willing to help, always. You support the team around you, you don’t point fingers or pass blame. You take responsibility for your actions, are open, and respect others. You value different perspectives, in how you work and how you learn. You are naturally inquisitive, like to create and be creative. You are a problem solver, curious and resourceful, self-driven and constantly improving. You roll up your sleeves and dig in. You are excited by not knowing what may lie ahead. You are willing to take risks, try new things, even fail just to do it better next time. You’re not a jerk. You put people first. You are a good person, someone who just wants to do the right thing.
Our mission is simple; we help organizations succeed with Apple. At Jamf, we put people first. We focus on the human before we focus on the technology. We are just good people that have it in their gut to do what’s right – for our customers, our employees, and our communities.