Associate Product Manager - Security
MINDBODY | Products & Engineering
The Associate Product Manager will influence a cross-functional team of engineers, UX designers, and product marketers to deliver our customers the right solutions to manage and grow fitness, wellness, or beauty businesses. This role coordinates and inspires the creation of innovative products and services in an agile development environment and ensures MINDBODY delivers the features and functionality to maintain and grow our customer businesses. The Associate Product Manager is responsible for overseeing an area of MINDBODY’s software product and bringing products to market while meeting key business objectives. This position will author business plans based on customer/market research and data analysis and pitch these product ideas to senior management.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field or equivalent professional experience
• Certifications such as ScrumMaster or PMP (preferred)
• Strong organizational and written/oral communication skills.
• Familiarity with PCI, HIPAA, GDPR, and CCPA data security requirements.
• Experience working with products leveraging APIs preferred
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate, influence and gain the cooperation necessary across the organization to successfully deliver to schedules/deadlines
• Bias toward action. You know what matters the most to make the business successful and you bring a laser focus to your team. You are scrappy and you encourage your team to be resourceful.
• Passion for solving problems (large and small). You bring a customer-centric mindset.
• Strong analytical skills paired with a data-informed mindset, and problem-solving skills
• A leader with a track record of inspiring cross-functional teams
• Experience either leading or working within an agile framework
• Entrepreneurial spirit / ability to roll up your sleeves and try different things
• Loves and understands technology. Keeps on top of competition and disruptors in the market
• Experience identifying customer insights/needs and translating into business requirements
• Experience breaking down and communicating design/business requirements to technical/engineering resources
• Is organized, and can plan, forecast and manage a product backlog
• Experience working in cross-functional teams of developers, quality analysts, engineers, designers, and product managers
• Possesses a unique blend of business and technical savvy.
• Product management or product design experience in a successful SaaS organization (preferred)
• Subject matter expertise in the market focus area (preferred)
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Product owner for a development team
• Help to define and communicate the product vision and roadmap of the software security team.
• Maintain a well-organized product backlog.
• Cultivate a deep understanding of the risks and security needs for protecting our customer’s data.
• Proactively identify ways the software security team can support larger business goals.
• Understand the security related problems our customers face and identify ways the software security team can assist them.
• Advocate for the needs of our customers, both internal and external.
• Cultivates customer empathy while building a deep understanding of the customer journey
• Strives to be a subject matter expert in their strategic focus area by identifying the challenges our customers’ face and defines new opportunities to improve our customers’ experience
• Facilitates requirements gathering from usability studies, product metrics, market analysis, customer and stakeholder interviews
• Builds business cases that satisfy significant market needs, revenue opportunities, or risk reduction
• Collaborates with the design/development teams to define and document features, experiences, and use cases
• Leverages data/analytics to make tactical and strategic product decisions
• Writes user stories and builds backlog based on customer needs, market evidence, strategic initiative, and internal stakeholder’s needs
• Drives delivery using Agile methodologies and the Scrum framework, including supporting backlog prioritization and grooming, sprint retrospectives, daily scrums, and adjust processes as requested by the team
• Collect feedback from external sources and project stakeholders to measure the effectiveness of software security initiatives.
• Ensures requirements are met and signs off on user stories once the definition of done and acceptance criteria have been met. Issues change requests when applicable
• Works with product marketing, design, engineering, project management, etc. to successfully deliver products to market
• All other duties as assigned
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
• This position is mostly stationary and will be required to remain stationary for extended periods of time.
• Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.