Tomia | Operations
Job Title: Network Engineer
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Network team leader
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A CONTRACTUAL ROLE FOR 1 YEAR.
The Network Engineer will be performing duties of a non-routine complex nature under general guidance using initiative and independent judgment. Must be competent to work on complex technical assignments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. All duties will be performed under the review/guidance of the Network team leader.
· Manage or support various internal and customer facing IT projects.
· Detect, diagnose, and resolve software and hardware failures.
· Provide support to IT operations.
· Install new software releases, system upgrades, evaluate and install patches and resolve software related problems.
· Participate in the Incident Management Process. Resolve incident requests from internal and external customers.
· Maintain the network with installation/upgrading of hardware, software, and cabling infrastructure.
· Provide technical support for customers assigned to at HQ and remote locations.
· Create and maintain documentation related to network configuration, mapping, process, and service records.
· Able to work non-business hours providing system and application support.
· Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· Planning maintaining and troubleshooting complex network systems
· Deep understanding of the IP and higher protocols. Ability to analyze captured traffic using Wireshark
· Technical writing skills to document network systems and write operational procedures.
· Personal good communication and ability to work as part of a team
· General knowledge or experience with Linux OS (RedHat or CentOS).
· General knowledge or experience with Microsoft Office 365 (Exchange, SharePoint, Skype, and Office)
· Must have excellent communication skills, verbal and written, and work independently and well with others in a team environment.
· Must be able to present complex ideas into a clear, relevant, and compelling written product.
· Ability to verbally convey technical concepts in clear, concise and understandable terms is also required.
· Ability to work well under tight, fixed deadlines and effectively interact with a wide range of personnel, from executive to administrative staff.
· Ability to multitask, prioritize projects, and deliver on commitments.
· Flexibility to work non-traditional hours when necessary in a deadline-oriented environment.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer information systems or computer networking.
Vendor certification – CCNP &| JNCIS &| CCSE
5+ years of experience in managing complex layer-3 and layer-2 networks. Hands-on with networking hardware including switches, routers, and firewalls.
High level of experience in Cisco &| Juniper CLI configuration.
High level of experience with Checkpoint firewalls.
High level Experience in maintaining and troubleshooting IPsec VPN connections in a multivendor environment
Experience in Linux networking
Experience in network virtualization
Experience in design and implementation of complex networks
An individual must also have excellent communication in English both oral and written.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.