Technical Project Manager
MINDBODY | Information Technology
Job Family Summary:
Responsible for project completion using an internal customer perspective, typically from initiation through delivery. Coordinate cross-functional teams through meetings and progress measurement activity which bring distinct, specific projects to completion both on time and within budget.
The Technical IT Project Manager will lead cross functional teams to drive the delivery of complex SaaS, Enterprise, and IT projects. It will be your responsibility to keep all the players focused and coordinated on the project's scope and deadlines to drive projects to completion with a high level of quality. This will be achieved through the management of the team, schedules, risks, issues, with clear communication to stakeholders on progress. You will be able to understand and articulate the business and technical implications of decisions that are being made by your project teams, while managing stakeholder relationships to ensure successful delivery.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
· Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field is highly desired
· 3 or more years of project/program management experience in an IT environment is required
· Active PMP certification is required
· Experience working within an IT department and experience managing projects in multiple project methodologies including Waterfall and Agile
· Strong understanding of technology concepts related to software development lifecycle (SDLC), SaaS applications, Cloud services and IT infrastructure
· 3 or more years of business unit influence with sensitivity and commitment to business problem solving
· Ability to lead and motivate others through influence and negotiation
· Exceptional written and verbal communications that ensure understanding and alignment across the team
· Works cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness
· Demonstrated ability to develop and execute a project resource plan that ensure that the right people are in the right place doing the right things at the right time
· Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results
· Uses critical thinking skills to mitigate risks and instinctively knows when to escalate to management for assistance.
· Aptitude to quickly learn new concepts or domains.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Analyze project proposals to determine time frame, funding and appropriate methodology (i.e., Agile, Waterfall or hybrid) for accomplishing projects
· Facilitates across a cross-functional team to turn abstract ideas into defined and actionable requirements
· Provide leadership and motivation to project team members throughout the project life cycle and confer with project staff to outline work plan.
· Establish work plan and staffing for the project according to the selected methodology and plan activities, iterations or phases, and arrange for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
· Align executive sponsorship and project steering committee responsibilities
· Define and implement project communication plan
· Perform continuous risk assessment, implement mitigation plans and communicate accordingly.
· Ensure that project goals are accomplished and are in line with business objectives.
· Assign duties, responsibilities and scope of authority to project personnel through a RACI.
· Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure that the project progresses on schedule and within budget.
· Establish standards and procedures for project reporting and documentation.
· Continuously benchmark project management performance to identify improvements and achieve higher capability maturity in project and portfolio management.
· Ensure compliance obligations are adequately documented and met in the project outcomes
· Shows initiative by being proactive to any topic instead of reactive
· Participate in process improvement and contribute to department objectives
· Mentor and train other Project Management family members, inside and outside the department
· Create release plans, evaluate release readiness, and provide release coordination
· Conduct project health checks and adjust resources, scope, or timelines with approvals as needed
· Remove delivery roadblocks and follow-up on deliverables
· Conduct post-mortems and retros on both project management process and project outcomes
· All other duties as assigned