Manager, Technical Support
Jamf | 202 - Technical Support
Who we are:
Jamf, the standard for Apple in the enterprise, extends the legendary Apple experience people love to businesses, schools, and government organizations. After watching hundreds of users struggle to deploy, update, and secure Apple computers, iPads, and iPhones in business and in the classroom, we knew there had to be a better way to handle such pesky IT functions. Removing the barriers of technology and empowering doctors to treat patients, teachers to teach, and businesses to thrive.
Today, more than 34,000 customers from more than 150 countries rely on Jamf to help them succeed with Apple. We don’t say we are the best, but we strive to be the best. We are a group of curious, self-starters with a passion for making people’s lives easier, paving the way for a better Apple experience in government organizations, hospitals, businesses, and schools.
What you’ll do at Jamf:
At Jamf, we empower people to be their best selves and do their best work. The Manager of Technical Support is responsible for staffing, development and maintenance of the Technical Support team within the Technical Support department. This includes onboarding, training, resource management, and development of staff. This role aims to sustain and grow operations surrounding workflows, technical support knowledge, and customer satisfaction through indirect channels. The Manager of Technical Support must maintain a strong relationship with other Customer Experience managers and other departmental managers to ensure that the technology, processes and communication required by Technical Support works in line with the efforts of the company.
- Build and develop a self-sustaining support team
- Mentor and be an escalation point for any technical support or account related issues
- Organize, create and grow the processes for Technical Support
- Develop staff on and ensure processes are used efficiently
- Facilitate resources for the team to ensure high quality Technical Support for customers
- Ensure target response times are monitored and requests are processed in a time consistent with the efforts of the organization
- Ensure staff is effectively staffing our standard support line and live chat and effectively communicating with customers
- Support customer retention efforts by providing excellent customer service to exceed customer expectations
- Deliver reports and measurements of metrics and performance to staff and management
- Build and maintain written technical documentation resources for Jamf
- Create and encourage methods for facilitating knowledge transfer within the Technical Support team and extend to communication outside of the department
- Manage the escalation process for customer cases as needed
- Provide direction and measurement of key metrics to Technical Support staff and team
- Work to ensure that the regional team is acting as part of the 24/7 global organization
- Collaborate with the others inside the Technical Support management team to achieve future departmental and company goals
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- Performs all job responsibilities in alignment with the core values, mission and purpose of the organization
- Adheres to the highest moral, ethical and legal standards to deliver an environment that promotes respect, innovation and creativity
- Supports and promotes a positive, inclusive workplace one in which the talents and strengths of our increasingly diverse workforce are welcomes, further developed and manifested in our work
- Provides clear vision, strategies, support and expectations to ensure employees are able to learn, grow and expand their skills, perspectives and experiences to help grow Jamf
- 4 year / Bachelor’s degree (preferred), a combination of relevant experience and education may be considered
- 2 years of experience in customer support (required)
- Demonstrated in depth understanding of the logistics and operations critical to a customer support department (required)
- 2 years of management experience (preferred)
- Ability to manage others in a fast paced and growing environment (required)
- 2 years of Jamf Pro and Jamf Now knowledge and experience (preferred)
- Proactive, driven, independent thinker who strives for results while contributing to the team
- Ability to communicate complex technical terms in an easy to understand, non-technical manner
- Self-starter, energetic multi-tasker, highly motivated and team player
- Ability to engage with and establish trust and rapport with all levels of customers and employees
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience with the Apple platform
How we help you reach your best potential:
- We are progressive, but laid back. You are free to be you and work how you work best. Here, you manage your own day and your own work style.
- Be your own self-starter. We support each other no doubt, but we thrive taking initiative and are empowered to roll up our sleeves, dig in, and push forward.
- Everyone has a voice, and everyone can make a difference, our more than 90% employee retention rate agrees!
- Opportunity to make a real and meaningful impact for more than 34,000 global customers with the best Apple Device Management solution in the world
- We put people over profits – which is why our customers keep coming back to us at a 96% customer retention rate
- Ability to support and give back to your community through volunteer paid time off.
- We embrace all perspectives. Our employee led I&D groups encourage employees to make real, actionable differences here at Jamf.
- Ability to grow in your professional career through advancement opportunities, including tuition reimbursement for those obtaining a degree.
- 20 of the Top 25 Fortune 500 companies rely on Jamf to do their best work.
- Best – in – class training in professional growth and product knowledge.
You are the right kind of Jamf if:
You go above and beyond for others, genuine and willing to help, always. You support the team around you, you don’t point fingers or pass blame. You take responsibility for your actions, are open, and respect others. You value different perspectives, in how you work and how you learn. You are naturally inquisitive, like to create and be creative. You are a problem solver, curious and resourceful, self-driven and constantly improving. You roll up your sleeves and dig in. You are excited by not knowing what may lie ahead. You are willing to take risks, try new things, even fail just to do it better next time. You’re not a jerk. You put people first. You are a good person, someone who just wants to do the right thing.
Our mission is simple; we help organizations succeed with Apple. At Jamf, we put people first. We focus on the human before we focus on the technology. We are just good people that have it in their gut to do what’s right – for our customers, our employees, and our communities.