Apptio is the business management system of record for hybrid IT. We transform the way IT runs its business and makes decisions. With our cloud-based applications, IT leaders manage, plan and optimize their technology investments across on-premises and cloud. With Apptio, IT leaders become strategic partners to the business by demonstrating value of IT investments, accelerate innovation and shift their technology investments from running the business to digital innovation. Hundreds of customers, including more than 40 percent of the Fortune 100, choose Apptio as their business system of record for hybrid IT.
Principal Software Development Engineer – Full Stack
Are you a seasoned software engineer with a passion for building scalable micro-services that handle massive amounts of data and form the backbone of customer-facing managed services? We are a growing SaaS company centred that helps customers enterprises plan, analyse, and optimize their IT spending across traditional and cloud infrastructure. We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer who is passionate about building large scale services optimized for performance, efficiency, and handling lots of data. You will be responsible for designing new services, revamping existing ones, and guiding the team’s overall system design and architecture.
As part of our growing team, you will:
- 18+ years of experience in enterprise level software architecture, design, development (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Experienced in Full Stack product development
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or a related field
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design and problem solving.
- Extensive knowledge and deep understanding of Java and related technologies
- Experience with modern software development methodologies: Agile/Kanban, CI/CD, DevOps, etc.
- Proficiency in Full Stack product development
- Proficiency with Java is essential.
- Proficient with REST APIs
- Proficient with product development experience on both front end and back end
- Experience with AWS and/or other public cloud technologies.
- Database Experience (query optimization, index generation, caching) or NoSQL DBs a plus
- Strong customer focus, ownership, and drive
- Demonstrated capability to provide depth and breadth technical leadership
- Experience in SaaS Solutions
- At least one additional modern programming language, such as Go, Scala, Python.
- Good knowledge of advanced concepts in microservices, containers
- Experience in mentoring, recruiting, and team-building
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal