Senior Internal Control Analyst
Serving as an advisor for the internal control function, the Senior Internal Control Analyst is responsible for leading the implementation of SOX documentation and the ongoing monitoring of the Company’s internal control environment. The Analyst will report to the Vice President Accounting, and drive efforts to strengthen the overall control awareness by serving as an analyst, advisor, project lead, partner, and coach regarding matters pertaining to internal controls.
· Implements and coordinates processes to drive the COSO framework of internal control standards.
· Coordinates efforts across multiple departments to ensure internal control requirements are met within required deadlines. Identifies internal control deficiencies and ensures the timely implementation of corrective actions.
· Work with the VP Accounting and the Controller to plan, coordinate, and execute the company’s annual audit plan.
· Plan and execute multiple SOX testing phases for various in-scope locations and areas including both Entity-Level controls and Business Cycle controls.
· Drive the mapping of our operational processes and key controls and execute a regiment for SOX related testing and documentation.
· Support annual risk assessment process with Legal.
· Participate in testing and interact with external auditors as needed.
· Assist and collaborate with external auditors for walkthroughs and evidence of internal control testing.
· Provide technical assistance to functional business areas in development, refinement and documentation of internal controls and business process improvements.
· Ensure all phases of testing are completed and communicated efficiently including planning, fieldwork and reporting.
· Evaluate deficiencies and work with process owners for timely remediation.
· Make recommendations on the systems and procedures being reviewed, report of the findings and recommendations, and monitor management’s response and implementation of recommendations.
· Advise functional business groups on design and new process implementation as requested.
· Participate in continuous improvement projects and related process design and system implementations to ensure internal control risks are properly mitigated in design.Apply