PowerSchool is one of the fastest growing education technology companies, with more than 18 million users across the world. We are giving educators all the tools they need to more easily personalize education and improve student outcomes, but in a way that works easily with their current systems and teaching approach. We’ve evolved the traditional learning management system into an education cloud: a platform that connects the people, content, and systems that fuel education.
Working at PowerSchool offers you a chance to help solve the most important challenges in education in an environment that’s fun, collaborative, and innovative. We are looking for smart, creative individuals who are passionate about education and aren't afraid to show it.
What can you expect working at PowerSchool?
Given our explosive 2x user growth each of the last few years, and our best-in-class retention, we’re looking to add to our Cloud Operations team. Since we expect that growth to continue, you’ll help us first scale our existing infrastructure.
Equally as important, we’ll look to you to help us balance working with our existing technologies/infrastructure and move forward with new technologies that support multiple products and platform across PowerSchool's offerings.
Our plan is to move to a more supportable PaaS infrastructure where developers own their code as it goes out into production, and you’ll play a central part in making that happen.
You won’t do this on your own. As a Cloud Operations Engineer, you’ll be working with a team of engineers with a diverse skill set to deliver software in a measurable, reliable way, as well as help build a resilient, monitor-able, scalable platform.
That passion for automation at scale, as well as teaching others how to think operationally? That’s us.
We like the DevOps philosophy here! Collaboration and a common goal align us to deliver a pleasant experience, both for our customers, as well as the development team we’re all a part of.
- 5+ years of experience in building and managing AWS resources via automation in production environments.
- 2+ years of experience in building and managing AWS Kubernetes clusters in production environments.
- 3+ years of experience in deploying applications to Kubernetes.
- Experience writing Infrastructure as Code using CloudFormation or Terraform
- Experience in making changes in HA environment utilizing zero downtime deployment strategies
- Development experience with Java, Node, Go, Python,or other modern language. Application development experience in serverless and containers is a plus.
- Solid understanding of version control, branching models, software versioning.
- Solid understanding on how to test code and infrastructure.
- Experience with AWS SSO and permission sets is a plus.
- Understanding of AWS well-architected framework is a plus.
- Solid Understanding of modern agile methodologies (Scrum,Kanban)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Build and manage our AWS IAM infrastructure.
- Build and support tools to manage access to AWS resources.
- Build and support tools to implement security access policies and proactive governance of cloud environments.
- Participate in project-based work across the organization, as both a contributor, as well as a collaborator bringing operational experience leadershipto other teams.
- Provide operational support to our cloud platform, helping to troubleshoot our platform, as well as participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation.
Bonus points for:
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline.
- A self-starter who thrives in a fluid, fast-paced, evolving environment.
- AWS Associate level certification is preferred. AWS professional certification is a plus.