PeopleAdmin | Engineering | Austin, TX
If you crave a pathway to drive a deeper impact, a product that will challenge you and a team that works side by side to grow and evolve, PeopleAdmin may be the right place for you. We are looking for a full stack Software Engineer with strong combinations of skills and experience.
The ideal candidate will be innovative and a resourceful problem-solver, providing options and making actionable recommendations. If you are self-motivated, have high integrity, enjoy working in a collaborative environment and look for opportunities for continuous improvement, PeopleAdmin may be a fit for you.
Responsibilities include our everyday values.
WHAT WILL I DO?
- Work with architects and product managers to create elegant, understandable designs for new features
- Develop robust, maintainable software (front and/or back end)
- Maintain a bulletproof development and deployment toolchain
- Solve challenging problems across the software development lifecycle be they technical, process or interpersonal
- Create technical documentation and contribute content for user-friendly manuals
- Promote an open, learning culture
- Ensure that the software meets and/or exceeds security, uptime, and stability goals
- Experience developing large, robust Java web applications
- Expertise in object-oriented development utilizing GoF design patterns and best practices
- Experience developing and optimizing JPA or Hibernate ORM
- Experience developing, maintaining and integrating RESTful web services
- Experience developing large Angular JS front ends, Kendo UI experience a plus
- Understanding of web application security (OWASP)
- Expertise developing SQL with MySQL, experience with Percona XtraDB Cluster and/or AWS RDS/Aurora a plus
- Service Oriented Architecture
- Third Party Integrations
- Experience with modern Java frameworks such as Spring or Play Framework
- IVR and/or Twilio experience a plus
- Experience developing tests for front end and back end using tools like JUnit, TestNG, Mocha, Jasmine, etc.
- Experience developing tests with Selenium/Webdriver a plus
- Agile - Scrum or Kanban
- Version control using Git
- Experience with Atlassian product suite (JIRA, Confluence etc.) desired
- CI/CD using tools such as Jenkins, GoCD, or Bamboo
- Experience deploying applications in AWS
- Strong Linux experience
- BS or BA in Computer Science or related field with a strong academic record, or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of development experience.
- Enterprise-class Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) development.
- Experience maintaining and enhancing legacy systems.
- Strong debugging and data spelunking skills.
- SQL and database design experience.
- Object-Oriented Design experience.
- Ant and Gradle build systems experience helpful.
- Batch file and other scripting languages helpful.
- Performance testing and optimization
- Enjoys working in a collaborative team environment
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Fun and Collaborative Work Environment
- Unlimited PTO
- Casual Attire
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Bonus Plan
- Recognition & Rewards Programs
- Wellness Programs & Activities
PeopleAdmin is a rapidly growing, award winning software development company solely focused on providing cloud-based talent management software for K-12 school districts and HigherEd institutions across the country. Our people are fun, passionate, confident, innovative change agents that aren’t afraid to take risks because that’s what it takes to succeed here.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
EMPLOYEE REFERRAL BONUS PROGRAM - LEVEL 2