Software Implementation Consultant
PowerSchool | Services | ,
The Customer Implementation Specialist is the heart of the PowerSchool organization. You will be responsible for understanding a customer’s true motivations and expectations of the solution. This includes partnering with a project manager and an implementation specialist to plan and guide their experience to completion. You’ll assist in the configuration of their solution and ultimately deliver a solution on time and on budget. This position reports to the Manager of Professional Services.
WHAT WILL I DO?
- Jointly plan, manage, and execute the configuration and customization's of PowerSchool software with customers.
- Provide guidance and solutions consulting to our customers on industry best practices as they relate to our software.
- Identify customer specific requirements and configure the product to meet those requirements
- Identify new functionality and use cases not currently included in our software for consideration in the development process.
- Maintain in-depth understanding of PowerSchool products, services, system configuration, internal processes and industry best practices.
- Conduct customer system audits and make recommendations for business process improvement.
- Provide client support, assist with troubleshooting, configuration and reporting issues and work with escalation problem management.
IDEAL SKILL SET
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required; degree in MIS, Business Analysis, Business, Marketing, Communications, or Education preferred.
- 2-4 years of customer support/customer solution development experience
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office or similar and web (Internet) technologies
- Organized and capable of keeping client requests prioritized and deliverable s met in an accurate and timely manner
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with an ability to get along with diverse personalities.
- Ability to quickly comprehend complex systems in order to streamline the underlying processes into the client’s solution.
- Knowledge of information technology and data management processes including following a change control process and related procedures.
- Strong analytical and problem skills including the ability to apply reason, logic and critical thinking in order to gather, analyze, manipulate data, identify, isolate and correct data errors. Use these skills to determine root cause and impact of data anomalies.
- Previous experience in assisting clients with software and/or product implementations and training a PLUS
- Seasonal travel up to 25% of the time required