IT Service Desk Manager
Omnitracs | IT Infrastructure | Dallas, TX
IT Service Desk Manager
Full Time Perm position
The Service Desk Manager is responsible for overseeing the data in the Service Now platform, its use, deployment and adoption. This manager is also directly responsible for the disparate service desks in several locations that support Omnitracs employees and provide desktop and device support.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
· Device management and selection for desktop, laptop and mobile needs.
· Work closely with Service Now administrator to craft appropriate workflows.
· Develop ITIL disciplines and processes.
· Train and inform in the Service Now application
· Vendor management, Applications and Managed service providers
· Creation of reports and dashboards to demonstrate operational goals including SLA and OLAs.
· Deployment of vendor patches to maintain secure communications, company-wide and with channel partners, customers and regulatory agencies.
· Design, deployment and operations of current operating systems to all devices used by all Omnitracs personnel to conduct their business.
· Lead the development of Omnitracs’ ITIL-compliant Service Management doctrine.
· Provide regular, frequent status information to Executive Management and business owners.
· Mentor junior team members and provide leadership.
· Participate in departmental budget forecasting and managing the area within allotted budget.
· Ensure that the structure of relationships and processes are in place to assist the enterprise in achieving enterprise’s goals by adding value while balancing risk versus return over IT and its processes.
· Recognize the critical dependence of business processes in IT; determine areas needing greater levels of compliance with increasing regulatory demands and effectively manage risk.
- Service Management, Systems,Information Technology, Business, or equivalent experience.
- CERTIFICATIONS: ITIL foundations and other progressive certs desired, HDIdesired
- EXPERIENCE: Minimum 10 years of experience in Service Management industry, practical or consulting both on implementation and delivery. 5 years of experience in company-level leadership of service management organizations and centers; minimum 5 years of Change Management/Incident Management/Problem Managementorganizational leadership.
- Process: Development of process and workflows for approvals and work methods
- Working knowledge and understanding of Customer Service Delivery and Service Management standards
- Data analysis and interpretation skills.
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Superior project management, time management, prioritization and organizational skills
- Effective presentation skills to C-suite level
- Ability to effectively work with and communicate with people across all levels of the organization who possess varying degrees of technical and business experience in a variety of disciplines
- Ability to effectively manage customer requirements, gain consensus on challenging issues, and communicate decisions effectively at all levels of an organization
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to deliver consistent, positive results in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented, priority-shifting environment
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects with varying deadlines and requirements