Tomia | Information Technology | Bangalore, Karnataka
Network Engineer - Bangalore, India
The Network Engineer will be performing duties of a non-routine complex nature under general guidance using initiative and independent judgment. Must be competent to work on complex technical assignments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities - All duties will be performed under the review/guidance of the Network team leader.
- Manage and support various internal and customer facing network projects.
- Design all network layers of new or upgraded projects.
- Detect, diagnose, and resolve software and hardware failures.
- Provide support to all levels of network operations.
- Install software releases on network devices, evaluate and install patches and resolve network related problems.
- Participate in the Incident Management Process. Resolve incident requests from internal and external customers.
- Maintain complex data center networks, including installation/upgrading of hardware, software, and cabling infrastructure.
- Maintain networks installed at remote customer sites including installation/upgrading of hardware, software, and cabling infrastructure.
- Plan and maintain remote access systems.
- Create and maintain documentation related to network configuration, mapping, process, and service records.
- Able to work non-business hours providing system and application support.
- Planning maintaining and troubleshooting complex network systems
- Deep understanding of the IP and higher protocols. Ability to analyze captured traffic using Wireshark
- Technical writing skills to document network systems and write operational procedures.
- Personal good communication and ability to work as part of a team
- General knowledge or experience with Linux OS (Hat or CentOS).
- General knowledge or experience with Microsoft Office 365 (Exchange, SharePoint, Skype, and Office)
- Must have excellent communication skills, verbal and written, and work independently and well with others in a team environment.
- Must be able to present complex ideas into a clear, relevant, and compelling written product.
- Ability to verbally convey technical concepts in clear, concise and understandable terms is also required.
- Ability to work well under tight, fixed deadlines and effectively interact with a wide range of personnel, from executive to administrative staff.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize projects, and deliver on commitments.
- Flexibility to work non-traditional hours when necessary in a deadline-oriented environment.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer information systems or computer networking.
- Vendor certification – CCNP &| JNCIS &| CCSE
- 5+ years of experience in managing complex layer-3 and layer-2 networks. Hands-on with networking hardware including switches, routers, and firewalls.
- High level of experience in Cisco &| Juniper CLI configuration.
- High level of experience with Checkpoint firewalls.
- High level Experience in maintaining and troubleshooting IPsec VPN connections in a multivendor environment
- Experience in Linux networking
- Experience in network virtualization
- Experience in design and implementation of complex networks