Tomia | Information Technology | Bangalore, Karnataka
TOMIA was formed from the merger of Starhome Mach and Telarix, industry veterans in Roaming and Interconnect. TOMIA offers transformative connectivity solutions to service providers worldwide. Its innovative offering enables customers to manage a unified optimization process of both roaming and interconnect while driving the future of connectivity through new technologies and services such as VoLTE, NFV, and 5G. With over 500 employees worldwide, regional headquarters in the US, Israel, Luxembourg, India, and a presence in over 30 countries, Tomia serves over 400 operators including 30 tier-1 and six of the industry’s largest groups. To learn more visit .
Network Engineer - Bangalore, India
The Network Engineer will be performing duties of a non-routine complex nature under general guidance using initiative and independent judgment. Must be competent to work on complex technical assignments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities - All duties will be performed under the review/guidance of the Network team leader.
- Manage and support various internal and customer facing network projects.
- Design all network layers of new or upgraded projects.
- Detect, diagnose, and resolve software and hardware failures.
- Provide support to all levels of network operations.
- Install software releases on network devices, evaluate and install patches and resolve network related problems.
- Participate in the Incident Management Process. Resolve incident requests from internal and external customers.
- Maintain complex data center networks, including installation/upgrading of hardware, software, and cabling infrastructure.
- Maintain networks installed at remote customer sites including installation/upgrading of hardware, software, and cabling infrastructure.
- Plan and maintain remote access systems.
- Create and maintain documentation related to network configuration, mapping, process, and service records.
- Able to work non-business hours providing system and application support.
- Planning maintaining and troubleshooting complex network systems
- Deep understanding of the IP and higher protocols. Ability to analyze captured traffic using Wireshark
- Technical writing skills to document network systems and write operational procedures.
- Personal good communication and ability to work as part of a team
- General knowledge or experience with Linux OS (Hat or CentOS).
- General knowledge or experience with Microsoft Office 365 (Exchange, SharePoint, Skype, and Office)
- Must have excellent communication skills, verbal and written, and work independently and well with others in a team environment.
- Must be able to present complex ideas into a clear, relevant, and compelling written product.
- Ability to verbally convey technical concepts in clear, concise and understandable terms is also required.
- Ability to work well under tight, fixed deadlines and effectively interact with a wide range of personnel, from executive to administrative staff.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize projects, and deliver on commitments.
- Flexibility to work non-traditional hours when necessary in a deadline-oriented environment.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer information systems or computer networking.
- Vendor certification – CCNP &| JNCIS &| CCSE
- 5+ years of experience in managing complex layer-3 and layer-2 networks. Hands-on with networking hardware including switches, routers, and firewalls.
- High level of experience in Cisco &| Juniper CLI configuration.
- High level of experience with Checkpoint firewalls.
- High level Experience in maintaining and troubleshooting IPsec VPN connections in a multivendor environment
- Experience in Linux networking
- Experience in network virtualization
- Experience in design and implementation of complex networks