Vista Equity Partners | Accounting/Finance | Oakland, CA
Vista Equity Partners is seeking a Staff Accountant to join the Finance team to support day-to-day operations of Vista’s management company. The Staff Accountant will primarily be responsible for the monitoring, review, verification and reconciliation of invoices and expenses within Intacct and Concur according to the Company’s policies and procedures in an efficient, timely and accurate manner. In addition, the role will support the accounting team with reoccurring operational and ad hoc assignments and will have the opportunity to cross train with other roles and have exposure to other senior leaders on the team. Successful candidates will thrive in a fast paced, dynamic and collaborative environment and are interested in learning about all aspects of the firm.
This role is based in Oakland, CA and is for an immediate start.
- Reviewing expense reports and invoices and ensuring accurate coding, approval and documentation support prior to processing.
- Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
- Process payments through wires and manual checks and ensure proper review and approval obtained prior to payment release.
- Providing support to other departments including answering expense questions and resolving issues on a timely basis.
- Ensuring vendor payments are processed prior to due dates to avoid late penalties
- Creation and maintenance of vendors in compliance with Company policy.
- Maintaining and establishing quality, productivity and timeliness standards
ABOUT VISTA EQUITY PARTNERS
Vista Equity Partners is a U.S.-based investment firm with offices in Austin, Chicago, New York City, Oakland, and San Francisco with more than $46 billion in cumulative capital commitments. Vista exclusively invests in software, data, and technology-enabled organizations led by world-class management teams. As a value-added investor with a long-term perspective, Vista contributes professional expertise and multi-level support towards companies to realize their full potential. Vista’s investment approach is anchored by a sizable long-term capital base, experience in structuring technology-oriented transactions, and proven management techniques that yield flexibility and opportunity.
- Bachelor’s degree - Accounting or Economics preferred
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience
- Experience with automated financial systems, including a general ledger system - Concur Solutions and Intacct preferred
- Effective oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail with high degree of accuracy
- Experience working with large volume of data preferred
- Able to multi-task and work to internal and external deadlines
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Good understanding of financial processes, practices and applications
- Knowledge of GAAP and industry standards is an advantage
- Proficiency in MS Excel