The Desktop Support Technician will assist in maintaining Windows and MacBook workstations, Windows and Unix/Linux based systems, database administration, provide support to end users on a variety of issues. Identify, research, and resolve technical problems. Respond to telephone calls, email and personal requests for technical support. Document, track and monitor problems to ensure a timely resolution. Install software, printers, telephones, etc. Troubleshoot problematic PC issues and other duties as assigned. Serves as subject matter expert and/or top-tier (onsite) support. Will assist with onsite projects and systems installation and IT infra-structure build-out. Monitors help desk request queues and responds to tickets as needed.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Responds to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, and/or electronically.
- Diagnoses and resolves desktop, hardware and software, Office365 outlook issues.
- Troubleshooting of Windows and Mac lapotps.
- Researches questions using available information resources.
- Advises user on appropriate actions
- Manage personal and team ticket queue
- Redirects problems to appropriate resources.
- Identifies and prioritizes situations requiring urgent attention
- Documents resolutions and updates knowledgebase
- Determine whether problem is caused by hardware such as a modem, printer, cables, or telephone
- Handle problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow up for routine users, referring more complex problems to supervisors or technical staff.
- Analyse and evaluates incident reports and makes recommendations to reduce help line incident rate.
- Contact software and hardware vendors to request service regarding defective products.
- Install personal computers, software and peripheral equipment.
- Provide end user systems setup and access.
- Daily monitoring /checks
- Logging of noted issues
- Other duties as assigned
To be considered for and to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- 2+ years' experience in Desktop or Help Desk Support in a business setting. Not in remote support.
- Strong technical aptitude, ability and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- A high degree of professionalism and the ability to think on your feet.
- Ability to work in and with teams.
- Attention to detail and follow up.
- Experience with Windows 10 and Mac is required.
- Experience with basic networking is required.
- Basic Knowledge with Active Directory, Office 365 / Exchange, hardware firewalls plus.