PlanSource is a high-growth software company headquartered in Orlando, Florida with offices in Salt Lake City and Charleston. The Premium Billing Associate will act as the primary point of contact for Billing and Reconciliation Services clients for all billing and eligibility related issues. This position will be based in the Orlando office.
About the Premium Billing Associate Position
In this role you will assist in providing ongoing support, break/fix, and configuration updates for customers, resellers, and carrier for their system configuration, monthly reconciliations, process billing reports for all healthcare benefits, and reports for distribution to insurance carriers, brokers, and clients. You will also perform audits of bills and client configuration to ensure accurate calculation and invoicing of charges. You will interact with clients as a customer post of contact, liaise with third-party vendors, and work with internal teams during onboarding and implementation of new clients.
Key responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
• Ensure billing support is provided within applicable Service Level Agreements and other contractual requirements
• Work closely with employers, carriers, and internal teams to resolve billing and enrollment related issues
• Provide autonomous client and carrier support, liaising with both parties to determine and set appropriate billing deadlines and timelines
• During new client implementations, provide guidance and sole decision-making authority regarding billing, as well as determining whether to meet ad hoc and/or customization requests by the client or carrier
• Using department guidelines and goals, make decisions on how to improve client relationships and products, and implement those suggestions autonomously
• Provide team support for internal quality control reviews
• Participate in yearly open enrollment updates
• Support continuous improvement efforts to drive greater efficiency of billing operations
• Must be able to work outside of normal work hours to support clients in varying time zones
• Assist with other duties and projects as required, which may include review and enhancement of database and processes used in order to increase team efficiencies
- Great compensation package, including a full suite of benefits.
- The chance to work for a fast-growing, established tech company, and work side-by-side with a dynamic team of talented professionals.
- Fast-paced environment with big goals and the opportunity to make a big impact.
Top five reasons to come to PlanSource:
#5: Join the Vista Family. In March 2019, Vista Equity Partners acquired PlanSource, marking a new phase of growth. Vista’s portfolio of technology and software companies collectively make up the 4th largest software ecosystem in the world with “intraportfolio” career advancement opportunities and have structures in place to leverage shared learnings from across the ecosystem.
#4: PlanSource has the right product. Show off our sophisticated cloud-based technology that meets the needs of even the most complex benefit programs.
#3: Success is rewarded. With more than just a pat on the back, your success is recognized and rewarded. We take care of our employees in every way we can, with comprehensive benefits, employee recognitions, a work hard and play hard environment, and a commitment to wellbeing.
#2: You can grow and develop professionally. PlanSource has a great track record of internal promotions and also filling open positions within the company.
#1: PlanSource is the right company and we are on a roll. Be part of a winning team in a high-growth technology company that is well funded and values its employees and their families – Thousands of employers and millions of consumers use the PlanSource Platform for benefits shopping, enrollment, billing and ongoing administration.
Minimum experience and qualifications will include:
• Proficient in MS Office, especially Excel and Word
• Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
• Ability to thrive in a flexible work environment and to adapt to change
• Ability to multi-task and manage priorities
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to make independent decisions to meet the needs of client and carrier requests
• Ability to act and conduct business as a single point of contact
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with different levels within the organization as well as collaborate with cross-functional business partners and technical teams
Preferred – What would set you apart:
• 1-3 years’ experience in accounting, billing, or equivalent position required
• 2 or more years’ experience in benefits administration including enrollment processing and/or carrier billings
• 1 or more years of SAAS (Software as a Service) utilization
• Experience in a customer service setting
• Experience in using SalesForce
• Experience using a web-based benefits platform