VIEW ALL APPLY NOW
Associate Director, Value Creation
Vista Consulting Group | Vista Consulting Group | Chicago, IL
Skills & Requirements
- We are looking for an Associate Director, Value Creation to join Vista Consulting Group (VCG), the operating and consulting arm of Vista Equity Partners (VEP), the leading private equity firm focused on investing in software, data, and technology-enabled businesses.
- The Associate Director, Value Creation will be a strategic partner that will work hand in hand with the CEOs and their leadership teams of our portfolio companies.
- The Associate Director, Value Creation will work closely with senior executive teams at our portfolio companies to identify value creation opportunities, shape and align on implementation, and support their execution and long-term success.
- We value the differentiated skillset and experience that top-tier consultants bring to our organization. This represents a unique opportunity for the right candidate to leverage his/her generalist / all-around athlete / utility player toolkit to create impact in the near term with the possibility to eventually transition to operating executive roles in our portfolio.
- The ideal candidate will have three to four years of post-undergrad or two to three years of post-MBA strategy consulting experience at a top-tier firm. Some casework or exposure to the technology space is preferred but not required.
– Engages portfolio company, VCG, and VEP as partners in a team effort; manages expectations appropriately
– Gains respect and builds trust to develop lasting relationships at all levels, from executive team to individual contributors supporting value creation initiatives
– Facilitates decision making using all modes of communication: formal and informal; written and verbal; 1-on-1, small group, and large group
– Develops advisory relationships with executive teams, above and beyond engagement/project issues
Driving to insight
– Identifies and frames the most critical value creation priorities
– Demonstrates understanding of issues and generates hypotheses to solve them
– Uses clear logic to design and stress test analyses
– Able to design and perform complex analysis; proven command of technical analytical skills
– Discretion to engage/leverage stakeholders and experts to move closer towards results and impact
Committed to value creation
– Develops practical/pragmatic solutions and action plans
– Applies business judgment to drive efficiency and scalability
– Focused on outcomes; committed to making change happen both in the portfolio and for continuous improvement within VCG
– Willing to roll up his/her sleeves to help executives drive results
Expert project and program management
– Structures work effectively; ensures high-quality, timely output
– Spots potential conflict/issues and orchestrates resolution
– Keeps team aware of progress and findings, is receptive to feedback
– Manages and executes multiple projects and priorities simultaneously, some of which are individual and some team-based
- Four-year degree from a top undergraduate institution, MBA preferred but not required
- Three to four years of experience post-undergrad or two to three years of experience post-MBA at a top-tier management consulting firm; consulting experience should be a combination of strategy and operational/implementation
- Interest in software, technology, and data enabled companies
- Based in (or willing to relocate to) either Austin or Chicago; should expect to spend significant time traveling to work onsite with portfolio companies
- Intellectual curiosity and honesty
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Influential leadership skills
- Ability to bring structure to large, complex questions with limited guidance
- Ability to multi-task and operate independently
- Significant experience in both process and project management