Associate Vice President, Information Technology
Cvent | Information Technology | Gurgaon, Haryana
Cvent is searching for a senior member to join the technology leadership team based in Gurgoan, India. The AVP, IT is responsible for managing key IT functions including Cloud Operations (supports revenue generating services), Enterprise services (Corporate IT) and Information Security. The leader will partner with global functional leaders to execute on a common roadmap. This position requires a dynamic and experienced leader with a strong track record of driving global IT teams to consistent & successful delivery.
This position will be expected to work with senior leadership at Cvent Headquarters to define and execute the technology strategy for IT. The AVP will be responsible to design and implement efficient systems, processes and procedures to keep pace with an expanding global infrastructure and a growing team of geographically diverse resources. Responsibilities will include managing directors & senior managers, build, expend and track budgets, drive performance management and help build L&D programs for overall effectiveness of the team. The role will also include working with global counterparts to manage employee goals & KPIs, mentor personnel, monitor and review project progress, serve as a liaison for internal stakeholders, and contribute as a leader to the larger Technology organization.
What You Will Be Doing
- Provide direction and leadership to Information Technology staff, including hiring, engagement, nurturing, training & mentoring and developing metrics.
- Manage teams to support 24x7 high availability (> 99.99%) and performance of triple-digit millions of USD revenue-generating infrastructure, systems, network, and applications through state-of-art monitoring, automation, and innovative solution engineering. Also, manage teams to support 50+ corporate IT services for
- Develop and document annual and long-term technology plan that incorporates and ties directly to the organization vision and strategy. Review and update this plan (at least on a quarterly basis) to reflect changing needs, priorities, and available technologies.
- Identify, innovate and execute business ideas to improve division goals and targets. Initiate, manage, and take ownership of strategic dialogues with other teams in the organization.
- Takes ownership and responsibility for the productivity of the team, and improving service excellence.
- Evaluate technology and vendor strategies (on-site, hosted, cloud, outsourced models) to meet the infrastructure requirements within approved budget of all systems supporting internal and external customers.
- Partner with other technology teams in defining and maintaining processes and procedures regarding disaster recovery, capacity planning, change control, security, problem resolution, performance management, and availability.
- Work with approved vendors to extract future technology direction, understand market trends and to form strategic partnerships.
- Work with application teams on design and operations issues, including capacity planning, ITIL, change control, security, business continuity, problem resolution, performance, availability, service desk and other areas.
- Developing and Implementing infrastructure services components of office expansion and move projects.
What You Need for this Positon
- B.Tech/B.E Degree in Computer Science + MBA or equivalent (Tier 1 college preferable)
- 15 – 18 years of experience in building & managing large IT teams with global organizations in public/private cloud set up to supporting large scale SaaS environments, to include vendor & contract & SLA/OLA management.
- Experience managing large scale, transaction-intensive, 24x7, multi-site, international operations with 1000s of servers and "4 9s" (99.99%) or above SLA, that includes responsibilities of 24x7 monitoring, Incident, Change & Release management.
- Technical depth to involve in architectural discussions with Systems, Network & Database teams to in order to make build vs buy decisions and drive the teams towards building a reliable site.
- Experience understanding business strategy and how it aligns with technology to be able to provide solutions to in step with changing business dynamics
- Familiarity with PCI, SAS70, DPA, SOX, IT- Act, ISO 27001, ISO27004, ISO27014, PCIDSS, ISO19011 compliance & certification processes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to interact with all levels in the organization.
- Ability to contribute to the senior management team by participating in planning, resource allocation, and driving growth.
- Must be articulate, organized, detail-oriented, and the ability to multi-task in a dynamic, fast-changing entrepreneurial environment.
- This position is expected to work overtime and during holidays and expected to be available 24x7 when needed.