SCCM Desktop Deployment Engineer
Advanced | Services - Technical | London, England
About Advanced IT Services
Advanced IT Services is an innovative outsourcing company with headquarters in the City of London. We are currently experiencing record growth, in both the private and public sector markets. Some of our key customers include; Notting Hill Housing Trust, Royal Albert Hall, and Morgan Sindall. Advanced IT Services is part of Advanced, which has a turnover of £95 million and close to 20,000 group customers. The Advanced Group has over 2,000 employees across the UK US and India.
As a key part of the group, Advanced IT Services delivers cloud, outsourcing and application development services its customers as well as providing the platform for Advanced On-Demand, the group SaaS offering. With an innovative approach to outsourcing, Advanced IT Services prides itself on utilising the latest technologies and collaborates with the leading technology vendors to deliver customers exceptional service delivery. This was recognised by Microsoft who shortlisted as a finalist in Microsoft’s Partner Programme Awards 2011 in the ‘Server Platform Partner of the Year’ category. Advanced 365 was shortlisted for this award in recognition of its outstanding achievements and technical expertise in developing its private cloud managed services.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide optimal value to the business by working as part of the Professional Services team to ensure that projects are delivered on time and within budget, adhering to the appropriate technical, Advanced and customer standards.
- Assisting in the implementation of Professional Services projects, taking ownership of individual work packages where appropriate, or working as part of a larger team.
- Ensuring that all work is delivered with a minimum of customer impact and within the appropriate change control procedures.
- Contributing to and updating bid, project, departmental and technical documents
- Maintaining a billable utilisation rate of >75% (or rate as otherwise determined) by ensuring that work undertaken is appropriately authorised and approved as billable
- Working within Advanced 365’s Information Security and Acceptable Use Policy and Procedures
- Maintain an awareness of developments and best practice and adapt and apply new and appropriate ideas
The ideal candidate will bring with them/be:
- Interest and dedication to keeping well informed about developments within the IT industry, especially new networking technologies
- Self-motivated – personal drive and enthusiasm to continually improve and provide the best in all situations
- Flexibility – Ability and willingness to accept and adapt to a changing environment and adjust behaviours. Taking account of differing factors, perspective and views
- An ambassador for Advanced 365 in customer environments
- A team player with a ‘Can-do’ approach
- Ability to own, prioritise and be responsible for own workload.
- Ability to nurture a positive image of company, and to adhere and positively contribute to the companies rules, regulations, processes, ethos and culture
- Adhering to data centre policies and procedures. Proven ability working in high-availability production environments within commercial data centres.
- Professional approach and manner, proper dress and personal presentation
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 desktop configuration and base image build and troubleshooting, ideally as part of desktop rollout projects
- Experience of working with multiple device types e.g. desktop, laptop, tablets with experience in Dell equipment beneficial
- Experience of working with SCCM (Current Branch version preferred)
- Experience in working with desktop encryption third party security products e.g. BitLocker etc
- Ability to systematically troubleshoot and investigate unfamiliar technical issues
- Good communication skills both written and oral
- Experience with other non SCCM imaging products e.g. Altiris
- Experience in working with single sign on products such as Imprivata
- Experience of packaging tools e.g. InstallShield or AdminStudio
- Experience of APP-V
- Experience with ITIL and Prince-2 methodologies and frameworks would be beneficial
Education / Qualifications:
- A- Level (or equivalent) and above academic qualification
- MSCE or equivalent experience preferred
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary, depending on your experience and skills
- 25 days annual holiday
- Learning environment working alongside experts in the latest technologies
- Special focus on training and development.
- Excellent benefits package available from day one: contributory pension, life insurance, income protection insurance, childcare voucher salary sacrifice, cycle to work scheme, and employee assistance programme
- A vibrant London office with 150 people
- Exceptional career progression opportunities, within Advanced IT Services and the rest of the Advanced Group