Manager of Mobile Application Development
Omnitracs | 2120 - OT US - Sw Engineering-SD | Dallas, TX
Omnitracs, LLC is a global pioneer of trucking solutions for all business models. Omnitracs’ more than 1,000 employees deliver software-as-a-service-based solutions to help more than 12,000 customers manage nearly 1,100,000 assets in more than 70 countries. The company pioneered the use of commercial vehicle telematics over 25 years ago and serves today as a powerhouse of innovative, intuitive technologies. Omnitracs transforms the transportation industry through technology and insight, featuring best-in-class solutions for compliance, safety and security, productivity, telematics and tracking, transportation management (TMS), planning and delivery, data and analytics, and professional services.
As a Mobile Application Development Manager, you will be responsible for building and leading one or more agile software development teams with focus on new innovative software solutions. Serves as a mobile and service tool application development expert in the Omnitracs’ Enterprise Services product engineering organization. Provides design and development expertise in delivering mobile web based solutions across various platforms including web, iOS, Android and others. Helps establish mobile framework, implement standard development processes, drive implementation of guidelines, and develop key business applications.
The Mobile Application Development Manager serves as a lead technical and participates in all phases of the development life cycle, and is considered the subject matter expert on mobile application and web technologies. The Mobile Application Development Manager analyzes complex business and technical problems and shapes and delivers the Company’s new mobile application platform.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Responsible for prototyping, designing and developing mobile & web applications. Coordinates with functional owners and end users to translate ideas, high level specifications into new or enhanced mobile/web application solutions in a startup like environment.
- Mentor junior resources and provide guidance ensuring all development standards and practices are adhered to
- Pursue continuous improvement in development processes, standards and quality.
- Coach, mentor and lead a diverse group of lean/agile software engineers
- Work with product owners across the businesses to understand market needs & vision; quickly translate that vision into demonstrable software
- Quickly define and deliver working software prototypes
- Work with product owners and architects to develop multi generation software technology plans
- Work directly with stakeholders to understand business and technical needs
- Plan and manage budgets related to scope of team
- Communicate effectively both within immediate team and leadership. Ensure team receives consistent messages and has clear understanding of business direction, strategy and results
- Collaborate with cross functional teams such as architecture, backend integration, visual design, UX teams, QA, etc.
- Develop and implement web/mobile app designs, interfaces, and REST APIs.
- EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field. Master's degree is preferred.
- 4+ years hands-on experience developing mobile applications running on iOS and Android platform
- 4+ years Responsive/Adaptive web development with mobile first design concept (desktop, tablet & mobile)
- 6+ of hands-on experience developing RESTful micro-service based applications.
- 5+ years managing development teams of 6+ engineers.
- 4+ years skills in Java, Objective C, C#, Swift, Android Studio, and related SDKs
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with Agile (Scrum or XP) and test & behavior driven development, continuous integration and version control
- Experience working with near shore/offshore teams
- Highly proficient with xCode/iOS/Objective-C/Swift development OR Java/Android Studio/Android SDK/3rd Party SDK development
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns and Java coding principles
- Demonstrable experience in developing iOS and Android apps and deploying to Google Play and Apple stores
- Hands-on experience in web services (REST, SOAP, WSDL etc.), using Apache Commons Suite & Maven, SQL Database such as MS SQL, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, No-SQL etc.
- Hands-on experience in utilizing Spring Framework (Core, MVC, Integration and Data)
- Experience with Big Data and NoSQL databases is a big plus
- Related DevOps tools experience a plus (e.g. Jira, Hudson, Sonar, Jenkins etc)
- Experience in building scalable and highly available distributed systems
- Strong problem solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments
- Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks
Disclaimer: This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties in addition to those described above.
Omnitracs LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local municipal law.