JOIN OUR TEAM
Our success and the success of our companies starts with talent. That is why Vista Equity Partners prides itself on hiring exceptional people who have the demonstrated potential to grow and develop within our investment teams, consulting practice, and our companies over the course of their career.
To do this, we match those interested in working at Vista with opportunities that reflect their strengths and talents. We strive to provide opportunities that allow our team members to pursue their passions both in and outside of the workplace, with ample opportunities for professional development.
Vista is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. Our highly motivated team features individuals with a wide range of skillsets and expertise required for the multitude of Vista roles across our investment, administration, operations, and portfolio company teams.
We are committed to continually strengthening the culture of excellence within our Vista family, and a key factor in that pursuit is our people. We are honored that you are considering Vista Equity Partners for your next career move, and we look forward to hearing from you.
VISTA EQUITY PARTNERS
VISTA CONSULTING GROUP
VISTA PORTFOLIO COMPANIES
Unix/Linux System Engineer
Advanced | Operations (Managed Services) | London, England
Job Title: UNIX/Linux Systems Administrator
Reporting to: UNIX Team Lead
Main Purpose of the Job
Working as part of a small technical team to provide technical expertise and support on UNIX/Linux servers for internal and customer systems. Work closely with the Professional Services Team to ensure effective delivery of UNIX/Linux related projects for existing and new customers.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Operating system and software administration, fault analysis and remediation on Advanced and client equipment across multiple UNIX & Linux operating systems and versions including but not limited to RHEL, CentOS, Solaris & HP-UX.
- Support the Pre-Sales & Sales teams to develop client solutions using suitable technology.
- Support the Professional Services team in the on boarding of new customers and new solutions for existing customers. This will involve taking a project from a design phase all the way through build to delivery and ongoing support.
- Controlled build, reconfiguration or upgrade work carried out under strict change control procedures.
- Creation, testing and maintenance of systems configuration and procedural documentation.
- Participate in the Advanced 24x7 on-call support rota.
- Application of OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis,
- Upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
- Conduct root cause problem investigations for infrastructure and application issues.
- Use of configuration management tools to ensure access and security across the managed estate.
- When required visit client sites for meetings or to resolve issues.
- The ideal candidate will bring with them/be:
- Proven experience of working as a UNIX/Linux Engineer in large and complex environments.
- The ability to manage complex and large-scale technical solutions.
- Excellent problem solving capabilities;
- The ability to work independently as well as part of team.
- Excellent organisation skills e.g. ability to prioritise and multi task, lead technical projects, and complete the project within defined timescales.
- A good decision maker and diligent in the execution of tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- A willingness to learn and develop personal skills.
- A proactive approach to work and a willingness to help others use IT effectively.
- A willingness to mentor and teach more junior team members and assist in their development.
- The ability to own, prioritise and be responsible for own workload.
- Able to maintain professional standards at all times.
- Able to comply with the provisions of ISO27001 certification and the Company Security Policy in particular relating to system and data security
Knowledge and Experience
- Degree qualified or equivalent relevant experience.
- Strong knowledge of RHEL/CentOS 5/6/7 in an enterprise environment.
- Knowledge of HP-UX and Solaris.
- Knowledge of Orchestration/Configuration Management tools (e.g. Ansible, Chef, or Puppet)
- Experience in resolving BAU issues.
- Experience managing full application stacks from the OS up through custom applications
- Demonstrable experience in supporting and managing a large number of complex multi-server, multi-vendor, multi-technology infrastructures.
- Experience in progressing projects from technical design all the way through to delivery.
- Good understanding of the design and configuration of UNIX/Linux systems.
- Experience working with 3rd party vendors.
- Experience providing on call and out of hours support.
- Experience with software management – installations, patching of OS/apps etc.
- Experience with Virtualization ideally VMWare
- Knowledge of one or more scripting languages (e.g. Bash, Ruby, Python)
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP networking concepts and major protocols.
- Experience providing systems administration in a similar Managed Services environment.
- Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS or Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with containerisation such as Docker or similar.
- Experience with web technologies eg. Apache, HAProxy etc.
- An understanding of RDBMS databases particularly Oracle would be highly beneficial.
- Experience with network security - physical and software firewalls eg IPtables
- Experience with server monitoring ideally Zabbix.
- Experience configuring and managing MTAs eg. EXIM, Sendmail, Postfix.
Education / Qualifications
- RHCSA or RHCE desirable
- ITIL Foundation V3
- Excellent benefits from day one: contributory pension, life insurance, income protection insurance, childcare voucher salary sacrifice, cycle to work scheme, and employee assistance programme
- 25 days holidays
- Special focus on training and development with the opportunity to excel your career from our internal Talent Development Team
- The ability to work with engaged colleagues who share a passion for solving business problems
- Working in an organisation that encourages 360 feedback at all levels
- Be part of an organisation that has recently been ranked by Deloitte in the Top 50 fastest growing tech Companies