Technical Program Manager
Cvent | Technology | Tysons Corner, VA
We are seeking a Technical Program Manager who will serve as the program’s agile coach who will facilitate and guide teams within their Program. They will escalate impediments, help ensure product/project delivery, manage risks and drive continuous improvement.
What You Will Be Doing
- Actively lead and coach all teams within a program in scrum adoption, agile best practices and audit sprint ceremonies to ensure teams are meeting the desired outcomes and that scrum masters are facilitating well.
- Manage multiple sprint teams to ensure successful delivery of epics in the program increment.
- Owns and ensures the communication of any changes in planned delivery to Senior Management.
- Act as primary escalation point for impediments that cannot be resolved by scrum master or team.
- Coach teams to collaborate with other teams or outside parties to coordinate or execute on cross-project activities.
- Works with scrum masters to ensure teams are performing to optimal potential and are challenging themselves to get better each sprint.
- Provides strategic guidance to teams, listening to their needs and helping with problem identification and decision making
- Encourage and support the personal and professional development of direct reports.
- Direct people management/career development of scrum masters.
- Create goals and objectives for scrum masters and teams that align with the the goals of their program, the Technology department and the company KPI.
- Actively participate in the hiring process for new Scrum Masters and/or program managers including resume review, interviews, feedback and hiring decisions.
Process and Metric Definition
- Help define metrics that drive the desired behaviors and outcomes from the teams.
- Oversees the tracking and analysis of metrics at the program level.
- Provide reports on program’s performance to management as defined, including project status meetings, roadmap scorecards and other Cvent KPIs.
- Provide guidance on defining processes for teams while adhering to department “guardrails”.
- Track program-level improvement initiatives and ensure improvements in happening at the team and program levels
Dev, QE and Product Leadership Partnership
- Work with Product, Engineering and QE leadership to establish and ensure strategy and execution alignment.
- Engages with leadership from other departments to establish the right teams (team constitution, skill-set, location) to deliver against the program level backlog.
- Identify and execute on continuous improvement of processes related to these groups, outside of product execution (Examples: Roadmap planning improvements, better communication with business stakeholders, dev quality tracking & improvement, testing efficiencies to improve release process durations.)
- Coach scrum teams and functional leaders toward continuous improvement
- Research and identify issues or areas for improvement and work with teams to create a remediation plan.
- Share wins and best practices with the other Program Managers.
- Be up to date with trends and best practices within the Agile community. Attend conferences and/or agile meet-ups as appropriate.
Need more reasons to consider us? We offer competitive salary packages, an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision, semi-annual bonuses, 401K match, gym membership discounts and other great perks! If you would like to learn more about Cvent and our products, visit our website at www.cvent.com?
Cvent maintains a drug-free workplace