Software Engineer (iOS Development)
Cvent | Technology | Portland, OR
Cvent is a leading cloud-based enterprise event management platform that offers software solutions to event planners for online event registration, venue selection, event management, mobile apps for events, e-mail marketing, and web surveys. Our solutions optimize the entire event management value chain and have enabled clients around the world to manage hundreds of thousands of meetings and events.
Our Portland office is focused on building out the Cvent's CrowdCompass mobile app platform. We have a diverse, collaborative and open environment where our teams are focused on building features that delight our customers. We create thousands of customer apps a year and have millions of downloads in both the Apple and Google app stores. Needless to say, It’s an exciting time to be a part of the world’s largest software solutions provider of mobile event apps for conferences, meetings, conventions, and trade shows.
As an iOS developer on the CrowdCompass team, you will be a key member of our mobile engineering team, responsible for developing industry-leading mobile applications. This is a mid-level position that requires fluency in the latest iOS capabilities and changes in the iOS SDK. The ideal candidate is motivated to explore and deliver the best possible solutions to our users.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Start-to-finish technical ownership of features and/or applications from inception to delivery
- UI/UX requirements and mockups to build functional, high-performance iOS phone and tablet apps
- Research the latest technologies, test, implement and report back to the team on what you’ve discovered
- Push the boundaries of what is possible applying creative solutions to hard, mobile-centric problems like synchronization, asynchronous APIs, and leveraging offline device capabilities
- Create and maintain technical design documentation for new features and applications
- You’ll create intuitive, custom UI controls and interfaces that match our great user experiencehttps://itunes.apple.com/us/app/onarrival/id680778967?mt=8
What You Need for this Position:
- 3-5 years of overall development experience within a commercial enterprise/product environment
- 2+ years’ experience with iOS development- and a passion for it!
- Experience with Objective C, Swift, design patterns, and the XCode IDE
- Hands-on experience creating custom UI controls, consuming RESTful APIs, designing protocols, implementing delegate interfaces, animations, and performance optimization
- Understanding of the nuances layout design and AutoLayout.
- Experience using Git or similar version control system
- BS in Computer Science or comparable degree or work experience
Nice to Have:
- Familiarity with Android development
- Experience working with Java and related technologies on the server