Senior Technical Product Analyst
Cvent | Technology | Tysons Corner, VA
Senior Technical Product Analyst
Location: Tyson’s Corner, VA
Cvent is the world's leading provider of cloud-based software for meetings and event management. Our product suite includes tools like online event registration, meeting site selection, event management, e-mail marketing and web surveys.
Founded in 1999, we currently have 2,800+ employees and are still growing rapidly. Our headquarters is located outside of DC, in Tyson’s Corner, VA, and we have additional U.S. offices in Portland, OR; Austin, TX; Atlanta, GA; Lexington, MA and others. We’re global, too: we have offices in Fredricton, Canada, New Delhi, India, and London, England.
Cvent has an award winning culture and has been recognized as one of the best places to work in the DC area annually by various media and news organizations. We currently have job openings across all departments and locations and are looking for new employees to bring new ideas to the table and contribute to our success.
About the Position
The Senior Technical Product Analyst is a member of our Product Management team, which is responsible for the product vision and roadmap of Cvent’s suite of products. You will help conceive and build common frameworks and shared services to be leveraged by all of Cvent’s product lines. This work requires sound judgment, critical thinking, leadership, and a sense of urgency. You must foster a team environment of shared ownership in project execution, and be able to effectively drive decisions with product stakeholders from across the company.
Ownership extends from conceptualization to construction to evangelism. In this role you will work directly with engineering and support teams to help build, maintain, and optimize the features and services that you define. You will create and track metrics to define the success of your frameworks and services. You will help develop communication practices to educate and evangelize to your stakeholders, who are the consumers of your product. You will also have proven analytical capabilities, writing skills, web development experience, and be a self-starter who can develop ideas independently, communicate those ideas effectively and thrive in a fast-paced, multi-functional role.
What to expect:
- Conduct research to find innovative solutions for our growing portfolio of software applications
- Create product requirements, design and other documentation to support project deliverables
- Participate in the Agile development lifecycle, as an integral member of a sprint team
- Work directly with sprint team(s) to ensure product success and quality
- Produce internal training materials for new product features and modules
- Communicate with all product teams, promoting and supporting the adoption of your work
- Operate in a results-oriented manner to achieve projects goals, with a standard of excellence
The ideal candidate has
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- 2+ years experience prioritizing requirements, writing user stories and delivering software release
- Academic and/or professional experience writing web-based applications or internet sites
- Outstanding organizational, prioritization and multitasking skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with an ability to drive clarity and precision in product requirements
- Solid understanding of various software development processes, including requirements gathering, analysis and design, development tools and technologies, release and version control, contemporary testing methodologies, and deployment management. Previous experience preferred.
- The ability and willingness to undertake a wide variety of challenging tasks
Most importantly, a successful candidate will be passionate about technology. Keeping up with the latest advancements in the industry; spending time creating, building, and exploring with technical projects; an inquisitive attitude in regards to the workings of hardware and software; and overall, simply having fun and finding enjoyment in the field.