Sales Solutions Engineer
Omnitracs | 5502 - RN - Sales - Domestic - RNAnywhere | San Francisco, CA
The Sales\Solutions Engineering team reports to the Director of Sales Engineering and provides all pre-sales support for the Sales department in order to increase productivity and bookings growth. The Sales\Solutions Engineering team is typically engaged during the Qualify, Develop and Prove stages of an Opportunity. The Sales\Solutions Engineering team is responsible for all pre-sales activities both remote and onsite, to include in depth discoveries, software demonstrations, RFI\RFP assistance, technical support, architecture scoping and proof of concepts. The Sales\Solutions Engineering team is also responsible for supporting all Sales onboarding activities which includes product and sales training for new hires.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Execution of in depth discoveries to document the pain and needs of the account to ultimately determine what solutions would satisfy those needs
- Live demonstration of Omnitracs’ on premise and SaaS software and hardware solutions that meet the documented pain and needs of the account
- Supporting of all RFI\RFP needs to include Q&A assistance as well as a preliminary in depth discovery to qualify fit and acceptance of a response
- Manage and execute Route Tests or Pilots to expedite sales cycles. Responsibilities include consulting, preparation, data analysis and execution of studies. In many instances this also includes assistance and follow-up with the presentation of results via on-site demonstrations or Skype\WebEx.
- Post demo support for all technical questions that occur before the Negotiate stage of an opportunity to typically answer questions involving integration and minimum hardware and software specifications.
- Training of the sales force including proficiency training of all Omnitracs’ applications to the sales force as well as management of training and demo-script collateral for all Omnitracs’ applications.
- Creation and management of sales demonstration data for all Omnitracs’ solutions as well as customized PowerPoint presentations. Responsibilities also include management of all sales force demonstration hardware to include sales laptop computers and mobile devices.
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Systems, or Business. Other concentrations with logistics and operations management are acceptable.
- EXPERIENCE: Looking for individuals with previous experience in one or several of these area:
- Applications consulting, integration or support
- Wholesale distribution
- Logistics or supply chain
- Mobile workforce management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and provide support to ensure optimal results.
- Results-oriented team player with “can-do” attitude, hands-on approach and ability to interface effectively with all types of resources and accounts
- High degree of initiative, sound independent judgment and problem solving
- Understanding of solution selling and technical sales process
- Ability to travel for demonstrations and presentations. Minimum 40% domestic travel, globally as required.
- Advanced knowledge of business applications such as Excel, PowerPoint, software and relational databases
- Consulting or support experience with the Big 5
- Understanding of value analysis, ROI or value engineering
- MS degree in Business or Engineering from a reputable higher education institution
Disclaimer: This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties in addition to those described above.
Omnitracs LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local municipal law.