JOIN OUR TEAM
Our success and the success of our companies starts with talent. That is why Vista Equity Partners prides itself on hiring exceptional people who have the demonstrated potential to grow and develop within our investment teams, consulting practice, and our companies over the course of their career.
To do this, we match those interested in working at Vista with opportunities that reflect their strengths and talents. We strive to provide opportunities that allow our team members to pursue their passions both in and outside of the workplace, with ample opportunities for professional development.
Vista is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. Our highly motivated team features individuals with a wide range of skillsets and expertise required for the multitude of Vista roles across our investment, administration, operations, and portfolio company teams.
We are committed to continually strengthening the culture of excellence within our Vista family, and a key factor in that pursuit is our people. We are honored that you are considering Vista Equity Partners for your next career move, and we look forward to hearing from you.
VISTA EQUITY PARTNERS
VISTA CONSULTING GROUP
VISTA PORTFOLIO COMPANIES
Technical Solutions Consultant
Cvent | Sales | Dallas, TX
The Technical Solutions Group (TSG) is a global team of product specialists focused on pre-sales activities. On average, team members will have an average of over 5 years of industry experience gained in the Meetings, Events, and Travel industries. As Cvent provides innovative solutions to the travel industry, the TSG team are critical to Cvent’s success in the marketplace.
TSG’s principal role is to apply their knowledge to drive sales for Cvent. As part of the role the TSG will work in concert with the sales team to understand & identify a client’s or prospect’s needs and lead the pre-sales solution proposal and demonstrate how Cvent’s solutions can uniquely address those needs, provide value, and win business. As part of this, TSG are expected to be constantly improving the approach to how they can position and demonstrate our solutions.
TSG’s may also play a key role to provide a critical source of feedback into the Cvent product lifecycle. In this aspect TSG works with both Product Management and Professional Services to drive the product roadmap and delivery approach to enhance our competitive position and the value in our products.
Building on the strong experience in the Travel Industry, Cvent wishes to recruit highly motivated and performance driven individuals who will be responsible for engaging with our customers, partners and prospects to drive pipeline and business opportunities across all product sets.
What You Will Be Doing
- Assist in all areas of pre-sales process of selling Cvent’s products to a customer/prospect.
- Provide knowledge that will assist Sales in closing deals by combining technical market knowledge with customer influencing skills.
- Act as key advisor/leader of strategic deals
- Provide leadership on challenging customer and internal interactions.
- Be an Internal champion in Demo to Win (D2W) approach, embedding this approach into the pre-sales processes across Cvent to drive success.
- Be the key point of reference by product management and by sales leaders in understanding market trends and product requirements.
- Assist with new competitive strategies and lead their adoption in the TSG and across the organization.
- Position alternative approaches to customers using alternative approaches/3rd party solutions which enables Lanyon’s solutions to be installed/extended.
- As needed, show the ability to push back on and restrict customer customization approaches and assist in managing the requirements.
- Support qualification approach for key/complex opportunities.
- Manage competing views, gain consensus, and alignment for approach.
Provide recommendations to manage end-to-end process for complex Cvent product solutions.
- Be an expert contributor to data repositories. Key input to sales, sales-ops for pricing, negotiations, etc
- Assist in creating new value positioning and paradigms, and to develop new pricing and tracking tools during the customer engagement period.
What You Need for this Position
- Exceptional written and presentation skills
- Strong technical, product, and/or industry knowledge
Specialist should include several of the following areas:
- Travel (buyer & supplier)
- Events Management
- Meeting Planning
- Deep knowledge of best practice in industry processes, approaches and awareness.
- The ability to deliver technology based solutions which drive Cvent’s business value
- The ability to integrate value and solution selling concepts into sales strategies based on a client/prospects needs that will ensure the sale of the Cvent’s products.
- The ability to understand the needs of the customer/prospect and offer the appropriate Cvent product(s). Demonstrate value in terms of financials, reduced risk, and enhanced user experience through the proposed Cvent solution.